Chapter Two: The Battle Begins

"Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map." Ron said, walking along a dark and tight passage.

Neville was leading them through a secret passage into Hogwarts.

"That's because it never existed till now." Neville explained.

"The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors."

"How bad is Snape as headmaster?" Hermione asked.

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you need to watch out for." Neville replied.

"Carrows?" Y/N asked, taking Hermione's free hand into his.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. In charge of discipline." He answered.

"They like punishment, the Carrows."

"They did that to you? Why?" Hermione questioned.

"Today's Dark Arts lessons had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse. On first-years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed." Neville explained, his voice echoing down the dark path.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?"

He opened the door which ended up being a painting that revealed a sort of bunker with many hammocks and students huddled up by some couches.

"Hey, listen up, you lot. Brought you a surprise." Neville shouted at them.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we can digest it." A familiar Irish accent said. 

Neville smirked before moving out of the way, revealing the quartet causing smiles on everyone's faces.

"Blimey."

They all stood up applauding, happy to see their classmates. Hugs were shared as Y/N and Hermione took the chance to share a kiss before getting down to business.

"What's the plan, Harry, Y/N?" Neville asked, looking at the shorter boy.

Harry took a deep breath, looking around at the hopeful faces around him.

"Okay." He breathed.

"There's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat You-Know-Who."

"Right. What is it?" Neville questioned, crossing his arms.

"We're not entirely sure." Y/N said, stepping up next to Harry.

"Where is it?" Neville asked.

Y/N simply shrugged as the smiles of the crowd's faces slowly dropped.

"I realize it's not much to go on." Harry sighed, facing towards the students.

"That's nothing to go on." Seamus shook his head.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw." Harry explained.

"Uhm, it'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone, any ideas?"

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." Luna called out from the crowd.

"Oh, blood hell. Here we go." Ron cursed quietly.

"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous." Luna said as everyone seemed to have no clue what she was talking about.

"Yes, but, Luna, it's lost, for centuries now." Cho shook her head.

"There isn't a person alive today who's seen it."

"Harry that must be it." Y/N whispered, pulling on Harry's sleeve.

"Excuse me. Can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron questioned, not having a clue.