Chapter Three: Betrayals

Professor Snape walked through the classroom, waving his hand, closing all the curtains while the students stared at him with confusion.

"Turn to page 394..." He scowled.

The students looked at each other with confused glances. Y/N turned his pages quietly while his classmates grumbled.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry questioned Snape who was now making his way around the class.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time... Turn to page 394..." Snape spat out.

Ron rested his head on his hand while flipping very slowly through his pages causing Professor Snape to turn his pages for him with the flick of his wand. 

"Werewolves?" Ron read out in shock.

"But Sir, we've just been learning about red caps and hinkypunks... We're not meant to start on nocturnal beasts for weeks!" Hermione protested.

"Quiet." Snape scolded.

Y/N placed a hand on Hermione's as to comfort her. 

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron questioned Y/N.

Y/N sat quietly next to Hermione while Harry and Ron sat together on a table across from them. Y/N shook his head no, pressing a finger to his lips to shush the ginger haired boy. Y/N glanced at Hermione who had let go of his hand, much to Y/N's dismay as she tidied her books, opening one up to the right page.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asked the students.

Y/N knew the answer yet hadn't put his hand up, knowing that Hermione could show off her brightness. Just as he thought, her hand shot up as she took a deep breath.

"No one?" Snape said.

"How disappointing..." 

Y/N clenched his teeth as he tried to calm himself down. His mentor had just completely ignored Hermione, this made Y/N's blood boil.

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he'd no longer remember who he is. Furthermore  the werewolf only responds to the call of it's own kind." Hermione explained correctly to the class.

Malfoy made howling sounds causing the Slytherin's to laugh. Y/N grabbed Hermione's hand and placed it back in his own, earning a smile from the brown haired girl.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape spat out as Hermione's head dropped.

"He's got a point, you know." Ron whispered to Y/N across the table earning him a glare.

"Professor I-" Y/N started but was quickly cut off.

"Not a word. Y/N. Five points from Gryffindor." Snape scolded.

Y/N wanted nothing more than to defend his lover but knew that if he said anything more, he would only make it worse. He held Hermione's hand tighter, scooting over closer to her.

"As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with particular emphasis on recognizing it." Snape growled.

"Sir it's Quidditch tomorrow!" Harry retaliated.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you... Page 394." Snape said his face grew closer to Harry's

The class ended and the quartet made their way out the door, Y/N stopped in his tracks. He muttered a quick "I'll be right back" before separating himself from the group. He ran back into the class to confront his mentor.

"Y/N, if you are here to scold me about Miss. Granger. I don't want to hear it." Snape said before Y/N even got the chance to speak up.

Y/N grew a sad expression as he walked away from his mentor, eyes glued to the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thunder roared as the wind blew harshly, billions of raindrops falling down from the growing, dark clouds. Hermione, Ron and Y/N stood in the stands, cheering for Harry in the rainy quidditch match. Y/N had an umbrella, covering Hermione while Ron had his red raincoat over his head.