Hungry

Link gasped and struggled to breathe in your tightening grip. His hands were grabbing onto anything he could reach to try and give him leverage. It seemed as though he wanted to say something to you, but you couldn't bring yourself to try to understand. The only thing you could think of was absorbing his delicious, glowing life force he held in his body. Your hunger was ravenous and your mouth was salivating. Your arm glowed a faint purple as you reached out to hold his head in place. Links movements were slowing so you lightened your grip. Live prey was tastier.

It appeared as though Link had tears in his deep blue eyes as he watched with sorrow as you pressed your glowing palm onto his forehead. A sharp, familiar pain spread across his body like jolts of lighting. He squeezed his eyes shut from the pain and clenched his teeth as you began to absorb his glowing gold from within. Your head slowly lifted toward the sky as you felt your hunger being satisfied. Normally, the monsters you fed on lasted for a few seconds before they turned into dried jerky but for some reason Links body persisted. His golden fountain of life force was unending.

As you fed, you watched as Link struggled against you, still trying to talk to you though the immense sharp pain coursing through his body. You felt sweat begin to form on his brow and his breathing increased to short pants. Perhaps he is dying. You thought to yourself as you held his head firm with the palm of your hand. But with that one thought, something hallowed inside your body. Something screamed at you to stop. Screamed at you to let him go. What? The feeling was strong and began to overpower your physical strength. You were weakening, you noticed as your arm began to shake and lowered Link to the ground. You couldn't even levitate anymore. But at this point, when your dark power stopped draining Link, he had gotten so weak that he could no longer hold himself up and fell to the ground. His body picked up some dust off the ground, dissipating into the air as you watched your hands begin to shake. What is happening to my body... I can't control my limbs. You thought as your vision began to blur.

But you weren't becoming blind. You held up your shaking hand up to your face and felt tears running down your cheeks. What-- But before you could even think of any plausible explanations, your head seared in white hot pain. Your body doubled over as you held your head in your hands. Your many voices screamed in unison as the pain spread to your eyes. The screams were almost unrecognizable to you. They all sounded more like dying animals than voices. Pain... Pain... So this is what it is to feel pain... So much...

Link's arms shook as he propped himself up on his elbows and watched with his blurring/blackening vision as you wobbled on unsure feet, holding your head as you screamed bloody murder. "Link! Let's get out of here!" Proxi suddenly screeches, flying in front of his face and surprising Link as he almost forgot she existed. "I'm not leaving. Go get help." Link says, grabbing her wings with two fingers and flicking her behind him. She flies off.

Flashes of white began to appear behind your closing eyes as you scrambled to get yourself back in order. But as they continued to happen, you realized it wasn't just white you were seeing behind your eyelids but pictures. In another flash and another round of hot agony, you saw an image of Link in what seemed to be a courtyard full of training dummies and other soldiers. What is-- You couldn't even get a coherent thought in as more flashes of images began to appear in your head as it threatened to split open with every agonizing thing you saw.

Link walking beside you as you approached a cave opening, smiling slightly as he noticed you staring at him. Sitting at a wooden table with other soldiers - your friends - as they drank happily, spilling their drinks as they held onto your shoulders and you all ate a feast of meats and fruits. Link slowly getting close to you as he held your arms in relief, a slight blush on his face. A small, sickly boy in a rather large bed in an empty room staring out of a window absentmindedly. Everything began running red with blood. The walls, the white sheets, the window and even the small boys sunken face. You covered your face with one hand, pulling yourself together from that image. You really didn't like that one. "You... What did you do to me..." Your voices resonated angrily out of sync, turning to look at Link who was picking himself up off the floor. Fear began to creep into Link but he held himself strong and ignored the pounding in his head where you had drained him. "You were supposed to be easy to kill... why didn't you die... Why am I still so hungry..." You had just noticed your hunger flaring up again. But it wasn't painful like before when Cia fed you. It was more of a craving than actual hunger.