Separate Ways

Lana raised her glowing hand, causing the barrier to disappear under her command. The soldiers were breathing sighs of relief while Alastair began to yell at how cowardly they had been. Impa and Sheik were looking down in guilt while Link continues to stare the Valley's way.

Impa speaks up when it became quiet. "Lana, what happened?" Lana looks at Impa, tearing her worried gaze from the city in the sky. "Cia ... Opened three portals to different eras." She explained, earning shocked gasps from the soldiers around her. "I'm still not sure what she's planning, but in these three eras, she has placed a Gate of Souls. These Gates create the monsters that we've been fighting for so long. These eras are in danger, and we need to help."

Impa put a hand to her chin, thinking deeply. "I suppose we have no choice. But we don't have much time." Impa says looking at the distance towards the volcano. "Which is why I suggest we split up." Lana says. "Interesting. Then we can take all three Gates out quicker. Let's see ... We have an odd ... Number count ..." Impa mumbles, her face contorting in regret and slight sadness. "I shall go with Impa." Sheik speaks up. "Which leaves the three of you." She points towards Alistair, moving her hand around to both Link and Lana. "Then I suppose I'll go with Li--"

"No." Link cuts her off, making her eyes widen in surprise. "N-No? But ... But you can't just--" Lana stutters on her words, unbelieving that Link had rejected her before she had the chance to finish her sentence. "I'm going alone. Besides, the person I would have preferred to go with isn't here at the moment ..." He looks to the ground, frowning.

Impa hides her smirk under her scarf. "At the moment...?" Link turns his gaze to the commander, nodding once. "Yes. I plan to go back as soon as I close the Gate of Souls. I'll bring her back myself."

***************

Your eyes snapped open. Your brain processing whatever had happened before you blacked out, the memories flooding back like clockwork. Remembering the pain and fire made your body shudder at the thought, your eyes beginning to look at your surroundings.

You were still in the same place as you were before, nothing was out of place or any different. The altar, the gate of souls, and the monsters surrounding you, their eyes watching your every breath with newfound interest, yet they stayed where they were, almost as though they were afraid of what you could do. You then noticed how incredibly weak you were, your body struggling to move at the simplest commands your brain made.

With every ounce of strength you had left inside of you, you used your hands to lift your upper body off the ground, your arms shaking at the weight. You sat up slowly, your brain flashing red and firing loud signals of warning at the monsters around you. Your breathing was harsh, taking each breath deeply and it was almost painful. Your stomach seemed restless and almost aching. You realized just how absolutely starving you were.

A short giggle was heard and you turned your head towards it, ignoring the way your vision wobbled with such a simple action. Cia stepped before the altar, not being there a moment ago. "My, my. It seems you're awake." She puts a finger on her lip, inspecting you from head to toe. "And those new garments rather suit you." You instantly went to look at your clothes, which were no longer your original soldier get up with belts and your weapons. Instead, you wore a sort of oversized robe, a large hood over your head, completely purple with traces of gold and silver at the edges when the light hit it just right. You wore rather heavy looking black boots with several straps and belts, your soldier get up replaced with loose fitting, silk garments that were more comfortable than you had imagined.