viens jouer dehors (come out and play)

By : hilourry ( ao3 )

Summary:

Louis is a French model. Harry is the coffee guy. Louis doesn't speak English. It works out.

Harry should love his job; the job he has makes everyone envious of his life. But to Harry, it's just a side job that he works when he's not swamped with university. It's nothing more than some extra cash every week in his pocket. He's a broke uni student with two roommates that eat him out of house and home; he'll do what he has to in order to survive.

His job involves serving beverages, hot and cold, along with pastries and snacks, to models. He works at a photography studio, and it's way more pristine than Harry deserves, but the pay is decent for his crappy job. It's mostly a bunch of half naked women the whole time, prancing around in their underwear and becoming offended when Harry offers them something to eat. "Do you honestly think I eat that kind of food with a body like this? Water with lemon, that's all. And don't forget my ice!

Not all of them are rude, though. He's met some friendly models, and some much too friendly, giggling at nothing and rubbing his biceps, batting their mascara-clumped eyelashes at him and biting their glossy lips. Harry never knows what to do in those situations, because not only is it against his morals and principles to randomly hook up with his boss's clients, but he certainly doesn't want to be hooking up with women. He loves women and he's always sure to respect them, but if he wants a good shag or a fun fling, he's looking in the men's department.

He's known since he was 14 that he was gay and it never bothered him much. He was proud of who he was and his family supported him from day one. He's had a few boyfriends, none of which were very serious, but hey, he's got time. He's recently turned 21 and still has another year of uni left. He'd like to figure out his life before he looks for a life partner.

Well, that all goes to shit when he walks into work on Saturday morning.

Harry's been working at the same place for nearly a year and he's certain he has never seen anyone more beautiful. Not just that, though, he's certain he's never seen a male Victoria's Secret model before. Yeah, that's definitely new and Harry is definitely on board with the idea.

"Alright, so this is a Victoria's Secret photo shoot for their upcoming fashion show, so this is crucial. Make sure the models are all happy, I heard they can be a bit moody and they have tempers. Give them whatever they want, yeah?" Harry's boss, Cara, says to him. Harry nods along, holding his clipboard close to his chest. He gets so many orders that's it hard to remember them all. "Good. Now I want a tall mocha latte with nonfat milk and one Splenda, Julie wants a Grande iced coffee with..."

Harry sighs, writing it all down. He does it every day, but it's such a mundane job. Harry never wants to work this kind of job in his future, and his bachelor's degree better help him with that after he graduates.

"Louis said he wants a medium tea with skim milk and no sugar," a women tells him as he's making his rounds.

"Louis? We have a guy model here?" Harry asks. A male Victoria's Secret model is here, and he's got a pretty, pretty name.

"Yes. Louis Tomlinson; first male Victoria's Secret model. He's currently in make up, but you can meet him after, if you want. I'd hurry up with his tea, though, he gets a bit short with people without his morning tea," the women explains. Harry can tell she's got loads of experience working with irritable models. Most of them never eat, so Harry can only imagine why they'd be so snappish.

He gives her a small salute and heads downstairs and down the street. Thankfully, Starbucks is on the same street, which Harry is sure was done strategically. The entire time he waits on the too-long line, he thinks about what a boy might look like in panties. He's never had any kind of crossdressing fetish, but when he thinks about it, it might be totally hot. This Louis guy has to be gorgeous if he's a Victoria's Secret model, right? Isn't that like, a law there or something?