Protecting What They Want to Take

By : Turtles ( ao3 )

Sorry I haven't posted been busy with school and I've been trying out for the basketball team so I hope I get in :-)  here is another update hope you like it ☺️

Summary:

Louis is a popstar, Harry is his bodyguard. As usual though, it's more about them than anything else. Also the title is much more serious than anything in this f

It starts when Louis starts getting death threats.

Well, actually no back that up, it starts with Tom the Twat.

Tom the Twat, or just the Twat as he's come to be known, was exactly that. Louis and the Twat had started dating, when Louis and him were both trying to do the internationally famous popstar bit. The only problem was that while Louis' star shot up into the sky so high it was difficult to see it, the Twat's star fizzled out not even with a bang.

Tension rose rapidly in the relationship, fights about envy, and arrogance. Eventually they split. Louis thought that would be the end of that, but if that were true he'd be calling him Tom and not the Twat. Not even two months after they'd broken things off Louis gets a frantic call from his agent. The twat has published a tell-all. Louis Tomlinson's Gay Scandal is plastered across the headlines of every rag in the country.

That's when the death threats come in. It's also where Harry Styles comes in.

-

Harry is over six foot and skinny. He has a wide back, but a narrow build. A bit of a swimmer's body really, with those slim hips. Not that Louis has been paying attention to Harry's hips. So, not exactly what Louis was thinking about when his manager told him, "We need to get you a personal bodyguard. Security's good while you're on tour, but things are getting heavy."

His smile is also disconcerting. How is anybody supposed to take this man as a serious defense force if he looks like he's all of sixteen when his dimples pop out?

One thing changes Louis' mind.

Harry is living in a spare bedroom in Louis' flat. There's definitely more than enough room and it just seems convenient to have your bodyguard at close range. So Louis tells him to make himself at home, that he's free to use the kitchen, the gym really anything he wants.

So, he shouldn't be surprised to see his own bodyguard training in the gym (he has to keep up those arms somehow), but somehow surprised is exactly the emotion that comes across him when he sees Harry taking it out on a punching bag. Harry is wearing a serious expression on his face that Louis doesn't think he's ever seen, even when they're in the middle of a crowd.

Louis can't exactly say what watching Harry's arms flex as he hits the punching bag does to him. He doesn't really want to talk about the way that Harry's curls get damp with sweat, or the way he's beginning to flush. And he'd definitely rather avoid the way Harry's concentration has him rock hard in basketball shorts and he has to quietly back away from the gym to take a hand to himself in the nearest bathroom.

This convinces Louis that worse comes to worse maybe Styles has got things covered and that he is royally fucked when it comes to this new found attraction to his bodyguard. So, Louis decides to do what he does best: flirt.
-
Harry heard all about Louis Tomlinson before becoming his bodyguard. It's a little difficult not to when the word is screaming at you from the Sun. Basically he's heard the nasty breakup story, and feels a bit shite for him. The day he gets hired, he sees all of Louis' death threats, just to keep on top of things. It hits Harry how absolutely disgusting people can be and he figures that Louis will probably never trust again.