I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust

By : starcrossedlarry (ao3)

Summary:

Another Radio 1 Breakfast interview - meaning another cruel war between Louis and Nick. Nick takes things too far, so Louis takes Harry too far.

It was a sunny May morning and once again, Louis awoke next to Harry - his utter world, and waited at least five minutes before waking him up. There was just something about watching Harry sleep that completely drove Louis mad.

"Harry, love, wake up," Louis breathed onto his ear, hot breath trickling down his neck as Louis placed a few light kisses on his skin. "Harry," Louis repeated; his voice more stern than before.

"Mmm?" Harry grumbled, his eyes still shut as his nose crinkled.

"Get up, we've got the radio interview," Louis beamed down at the younger boy, three years later he was mesmerised - still - by the boy, his boy.

"Later," Harry whined,
"Now,"

Louis jumped out of bed, far too chirpy for this early in the morning, and, especially considering who the interview was with, he was ever so chirpy.

Louis and Nick never really got on. No matter how many times Harry had begged them to just stop - well, begged Louis to 'just stop' - they never put anything behind them. It was safe to say Louis hated Nick Grimshaw for all he was worth, today being no different. It was constantly tense between the two of them, everything Nick said aggravated Louis even more, and that god damn face of his was so punchable it wasn't even funny. There was sarcasm between the two of them, more so on Louis' part, but it wasn't the harmless type of sarcasm, it was always the wickedly envious sarcasm. Instead of playing the sarcasm card, Nick was more tactical. He knew Louis' weakness; he knew what drove him mad and more importantly he knew what it was that really got under his skin. Flirting with Harry. The one thing Nick would ever admit that he had in common with Louis, was the fact they both adored Harry - only one of them got to keep him. Nick's intention wasn't to drive them apart, well he wouldn't have minded, it was to annoy Louis and really get him. He liked to piss Louis off, and Louis equally liked to piss off Nick, which only ended in Harry becoming pissed off and siding with one of them - normally Nick as Louis always ended up leaving.
So, yes, it was safe to say Louis Tomlinson and Nicholas Grimshaw absolutely despised each other and it only made them both jealous.

The morning continued and all five of the boys were live on air in a few seconds, Harry sitting in-between Louis and Nick, Niall, Liam and Zayn finding the circumstances absolutely hilarious, only they did side with Louis if needs be.

"And, we're live in three,"
"Two,"
"One,"

Louis placed his hand on Harry's thigh, just to start things off and make sure Nick knew that today wasn't the day to mess with Louis. Of course, this action completely threw Nick off track, earning a smirk from Louis and hidden laughter from the other boys, only Harry just raised an eyebrow - he was oblivious, he was always oblivious.

"And today we have One Direction with us," Nick announces, and as if on cue all of the boys cheer and Nick sends a cheeky wink in Harry's direction, turning Harry's cheeks a very pink colour. Louis coughed, already pissed because Harry is his and he is Harry's. No matter how many times he has to preserve the facts, he will. He'd be lying if he didn't enjoy the little bit of competition between the two of them. Only a little. "Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Harry Styles and of course, my great friend Louis Tomlinson!" Nick buzzed, Louis smiling so blandly it actually hurt.

"So, you boys have a new film coming out, am I right, Harry?" Nick asks, Harry piping up and leaning forward to the mic and blabbering on about the movie - something they've done one million times before. Louis' brain was far too occupied trying to think of something wonderful to do in an attempt to really rile Nick up. "Sounds lovely, Harry. Is there any nudeness in the movie, then?" Nick smirks, Harry smiling wide and laughing as Niall decides to answer this one. Louis actually heard this from Nick, glaring at him because they both know.