CHAPTER XV

"Why is she here?"

"Are you aware of what we are gathered here for?"

"Wasn't there no one at home to babysit?"

"We know she's a kid, but still she can understand a lot of things. Is it really alright to have her here?"

"Rhea?"

They all surprised, with their eyes wide and mouths open start asking me questions. I give an assuring smile in response, all the while clutching, my little sister, Thalia's hand tightly as we enter the backside garden of the cafe owned by Giselle which happened to be close today because of our secret meeting. This meeting was being held among me, Argus, Lydia and Giselle. The only people I know so far that are not from this book. And now this list also includes Thalia.

Seeing the uninvited guest, they all put their guard up and wait for me to explain.

"Everyone....meet my real life sister Alexandra Wilson or Alex for short."

Hearing my words, everyone startles turn to look at the five year old who giggles and waves her hand softly.

A day ago,

Everything was falling into place. I worked from 9-5 at Giselle's cafe where we also sold mama's baked items and we also took private orders. Fortunately, we weren't lacking monetarily because of which Eros could now attend his Knight Training Academy whereas Lark could go to his Royal Court Academy. I was still in charge of the household and took care of our budget so we could make ends meet. It wasn't easy but we were all working hard together and the most important thing was that we were happy and for me, that's all that matters.

Today was especially quite hectic. There were some rude customers at the cafe and later on at home there was an emergency situation regarding some orders and their delivery time along with, our poor adorable puppy, Fluffy, also injured his leg therefore, I had to calmly deal with those customers even if they threw tea at me and later on personally coordinate with all those clients and deliver their orders since Reynald and Olivia had gone to their hometown for two days because of Reynald's mother that was on her deathbed. Because of this, I also had to take care of the animals all by myself since Mama was busy baking and my brothers were at their respective academies. It truly was quite exhausting. After dealing with everything, I realised I forgot to eat lunch and dinner which explains why I was feeling so dizzy and my stomach couldn't stop complaining about it. However, my body ached from all the exhaustion and I immediately fell down on my bed without giving another thought. I close my eyes to rest while thinking to myself that I will just get up in a few minutes to get myself something to eat. However my tired body refused to move even after a few minutes.

I was still in that position when I heard the door open and footsteps approaching. Suddenly I feel a hand stroke my hair. It was quite a small hand probably belongs to Thalia, I presume. She softly continues to pats my head. It was sort of nice. As if she was giving me appreciation for all the hard work I did. I inwardly smiled at her kind gesture when the words that escaped her mouth afterwards, made me flinch and throw away all the sleepiness and tiredness I was feeling and instantly jump out of the bed.

"You worked so hard, my dear Kate."

I quickly grab her small hand and inquire,

"How do you know that?"

Startled, since she was expecting me to be fast asleep, she gulps and nervously chuckles,

"...Surprise?"

"Who are you?"

"Don't you recognise me? I guess you can't considering in what body I am right now. And here I thought that sisters had a deeper connection than this."