𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤- 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙣 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

"Here" Robin said as she placed the textbook onto the table and took her seat. The girl had grabbed her chair from her own table and placed it next to Robin's in the meantime.

"I'm y/n, by the way" The girl extended her arm with a smile. Robin shook it, smiling. Her hand was warm, soft.
"Robin Buckley." She replied.
"Well Robin," y/n acknowledged, "nice to meet you."

A wave of noise distributed throughout the classroom, and it was automatically obvious that no one was doing the assignment, but rather making pathetic social chit chat about all of the high school drama.
Robin busied herself in the examination of the Romans to avoid any awkward conversation, but she didn't have to stay quiet for long.

"Hey," a deeper voice called from behind them.
Andrew Clarke approached y/n from behind, and rested his hand on her shoulder. She immediately jerked away with a scowl and then a forced smile.
"Do you wanna come over here with us?, you don't want to be hanging out with the band nerds, they're bad news." He sniggered at Robin, who secretly but violently flipped him off in return.

Y/n turned in her seat and looked up at the boy. "What's your name then?" She asked innocently, but Robin could see past the sickly sweet grin.
"Andrew" he replied cockily, looking back towards his mates at the back of the classroom.
"Andrew," y/n leaned in, a smile on her face. "Could I ask you a favour?"

He grinned in anticipation, ready to do what was asked of him.
"Would you ever so kindly fuck off?"
All sweetness in her tone dissolved, and Andrew's face fell. He reached towards the back of his neck and rubbed it uncomfortably.

A ripple of  'oooohs' transmitted from his classmates, and he rushed off to the back of the classroom, trying his best not to be ridiculed on the way.

"Well"  Robin widened her eyes, a shocked smile tugging on her lips.
"Well what?" Y/n chuckled, turning back towards her work partner.
"Well, I wasn't expecting that"

Y/n huffed. "He was practically asking for it, like, is he blind? I already have a perfect partner."

Robin blushed at the statement, and Andrew's friend wolf whistled at Y/n's reaction to Clarke's introduction.
"Oh, you can piss off too!" Y/n turned and called to them, displaying her middle finger.

Robin sighed. "I'd save your breath if I were you, they're not gonna change."
"And that's exactly why I flipped them off." She smiled. "A woman's best accessory is her middle finger. If they want a part of me they can get it. Today they got apart of my hand."

Robin chuckled slightly. She was correct, after all, about the middle finger thing. All of a sudden, Robin found that she didn't like that she was chuckling, or actually having the guts to speak to someone new- let alone that person being someone as awesome and attractive as y/n.
Attractive meaning, she was good looking, but not to Robin. Of course not. Good looking as in, like, someone Steve Harrington would probably be crushing on, or someone in the more popular ranks of the school hierarchy. Not Robin.

It made her feel kind of sick, actually, to feel the same way towards Y/n as she did towards Tam. That weird seasick feeling like when you're on a boat, which is completely unnatural to feel towards a person, let alone a girl.
But then again, Robin didn't really like Tammy, did she? Well yes, she did, but she didn't let herself get caught up on the fact.
Perhaps she was jealous, that's it, of her perfect blushed cheeks and heart-warming smile... She was doing it again. Thinking about Tam.

To try and get her mind off things, she thought about her friends. Kate, Milton, Dash, y/n... no, y/n isn't a friend, just an acquaintance.
"Wow' Robin thought. It really was sad that Robin thought of someone as a friend purely because they were partnered together. Maybe it's the excruciating lack of social interaction that was tricking her brain into thinking these ways. It's literally the only logical explanation.

"So who's that?" Y/n leaned in quietly, pointing her finger ever so slightly.
Robin followed her vision to the one and only Steve 'the hair'  Harrington.
It took all her strength not to scoff and roll her eyes. Maybe y/n was just a work partner. She was sure of it if she was going to fancy Steve like the rest of the god damn girls here.
"That's Steve... I wouldn't though, he's a total douche."
"Wouldn't what?" Y/n smirked, looking back to the text book.
"You know... swoon over him like all the others."
"Godddd Robin" she fake whined. "You know that I like more things in life than just men... if you can even call them that."

Robin liked more than men too. Not in a weird, out of the ordinary way of course. Different languages, books, and stuff like that.
Actually, she didn't seem to like men at all. It was a foreign feeling. She didn't like it,
And she was sure that it wasn't the same feeling that y/n had ever experienced before.

A shrill bell echoed throughout the classroom, to the reply of a mixture of sighs (the work addicts) and cheers (the popular 'literally couldn't give a shit' people)
Miss Click looked up from her papers and removed her glasses.
"Right class, get out." Her tone was monotone, and completely unimpressed.

"Come on then Buckley, it's my free period now. You coming?"

Robin was shocked by the offer. A free period where she didn't go and hang out with Mr Hauser and getting to hang out with completely cool, and totally awesome y/n? She was completely taken aback.

"I- yeah, sure." She smiled.

"Come on then, you've got to give me a tour of the school."

Y/n grabbed Robins arm and pulled her up out of her seat, completely flustered. Robin felt extremely warm on one arm, a tingly feeling perhaps. She also felt it in her stomach. Wait... that wasn't normal, was it? Was she ill? She'd felt it towards Tam before, and convinced herself she was coming down with something.

"Sure thing." Robin agreed.

"Where'd you wanna start? I'm guessing your territory is the band room, so I'm guessing there?"

Robin blushed, but then felt extremely stupid. It was the band room, and she betted on y/n finding it completely idiotic.
"Yeah, let's start there."

"Alrighty then." She headed towards the door, new friend in tow.

~

Steve Harrington left the classroom with Nancy Wheeler behind him. They were getting quite close in these past weeks, but nothing more had happened.
He watched Robin and Y/n saunter off down the hall, and couldn't help feeling a hint of jealousy. He hadn't even spoken with any of the girls, but he knew for sure that the new girl would not fit in with the band freaks.
It haunted him that she wasn't automatically consumed with his eye-catching hair or winner smile, or the complete aura of cool.

And the fact she thought she was good enough to tell Andrew Clarke to fuck off... he found he actually admired her a slight bit. It takes some guts to do that, especially on your first day.
But at the same time, he feared her slightly. Not literally, cause he knew that the girl he wanted was Nancy Wheeler, and no one else. Like come on, she was perfect for him. Complete opposites, and opposites attract right? Now though, his thoughts were veering off track ever so slightly... and it was unnerving.