𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮- 𝘿𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙨

A week before prom

"Me and Wendy are going dress shopping tonight, do you two want to come along?"

"Literally no ones asked us to prom, Kate" y/n replied with a laugh as the five of them walked down the corridor, Dash in tow.
"Robin, aren't you going with Milton then?" Kate asked, looking over to her friend.

"I guess so." She replied, thinking frantically about how she was going to ask y/n before that could happen. "Although no offence to Milton, but I'd rather stay home."

-

"Steve you've only got a week left to get your shit together." Tommy reminded him as they gathered around Steve's car, jackets wrapped tight around their bodies.

"Yeah man, I know. Stop reminding me."

"Well you better get it together then" Carol joined, leaning into her boyfriend.

"Shut up, will you? I'm gonna ask her later this week."

"Wow, you're really leaving a lot of time to sort out plan B, aren't you?" She laughed at his stupidity.

"I won't need a plan B, idiot. Of course she'll say yes."

"Well don't come crying to us when it goes down the drain." Tommy smirked. "You've hung out with her once, she's hardly your biggest fan."

"Shut up, Hagan. We've hung out in class as well. She's not new anymore- she's settled in."

Tommy nudged Carol and snorted. "Well, if you think you know her so well-"

Steve nodded, sitting on the bonnet, burying his head in his hands. "Yeah, I think I do."

But in reality, he knew nothing about her at all.

-

As expected, Robin got dragged along to dress shopping. She wasn't one to favour dresses, preferred a suit, or a one piece thing. Anything with trousers. They felt more secure.

The store was small, and incredibly overpriced. Like, who would even pay up to seventy dollars for a dress? Robin definitely wouldn't, that's for sure.

Wendy and Kate waltzed around the store front, pulling out dresses and holding them up to each other, laughing and squealing when they found a good one. Robin busied herself with peeling off her nail polish while she sat on a chair in the corner.
"Are you not looking, Rob?" Kate asked as she headed over to the changing rooms with the seventh dress of the hour.
"With my eyes, yeah."

"No, I mean like, actually looking for a prom dress?"

"Rather go butt-naked then wear one of those."

She wouldn't.

"Suit yourself."

"Huh... suit." Robin said slowly and quietly.

"You'd rather go in a suit?" Wendy joined in, looking over to Robin.

"Yeah, actually." She nodded.

"Odd choice, but then it fits our band name I suppose, 'The odd squad'. There's suits in the back Robin, why don't you go and have a look?"

"Alright" she nodded, rising from her seat to head to the back end of the store.
The picture in her mind wasn't exactly a manly suit, perhaps more feminine.

Reaching the small selection of casual suits, she flicked through, brushing the different fabrics as she went. Pin striped, polka dot, bright red, black... nothing that sparked her fancy.

All hope was almost lost until she noticed a blazer out of the corner of her eye. It was a babyish pastel blue, with matching pants. There were no usable buttons on the blazer, so they were more like a decoration than a practical piece, and Robin knew that this was it. She'd found her outfit.

"Oh my god" Kate examined as she walked over in a frilly purple dress. Robin held up the blazer to her torso, mimicking what the others do. "That would look just perfect with a white or cream turtle-neck"

Robin nodded, trying to hide the smile that was creeping onto her face.

"Haven't you got some cream Dr.Martens too?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Robin please tell me you're gonna get it. It would be a crime if not." The girl reached down to the price tag. "And it's on sale! Bargain."

Robin grinned and tucked the clothing under her arm. Now she just hoped to god that she would actually have a date to go with.

After the two girls had messed around for another forty minutes, they finally decided on two dresses of a similar colour, totally different designs.
"You'll look great." Robin assured them, and couldn't help but think what y/n would be wearing.

After Robin had been dropped off home, she walked straight into her room, bag in hand.
Opening the knot at the top, she pulled out the blazer before heading over to her closet.

Behind the doors, floods of colour lived. Kate had always encouraged Robin to get out there a bit, live vibrantly, but she had always preferred the more neutral colours. It helped disguise herself a bit more.

Reaching her hand in to pull it off it's hanger, Robin walked back over to her bed, woollen sweater in hand.

She breathed out as she placed the outfit on her bed. It actually looked quite good, but whether anyone else would think that was a mystery.

Pulling her shirt off over her head, she slipped into the turtleneck, and then the baby blue pants.
Tucking the top in seemed like the best option, so that's what she did. She'd always been so harsh on her figure, but now that she was stood there in her prom suit in-front of the mirror, all dysmorphia seemed to vanish.

Next was the blazer, to finish the look.
She stood there for a moment, and then smiled. It was perfect.

-

Incase you struggle visualising, the outfit looks a little something like this :) just imagine the sweater as a light cream <3