𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣- 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣

The hallway was confusingly empty as the two of them headed over to band practice, bags over their shoulders.
"So what's on the agenda today?" Milton asked, pushing down the door handle. The two were a few minutes early, so had the whole room to themselves.
"I'm not so sure, actually."
"Well that's good, cause I need to speak to you."

The two of them sat on some spare seats, and Robin tensed, waiting for her friend to start talking. She had no idea what it was about, but since it was taking him such a long time, she assumed it was something important.

When he didn't start, she started for him. "What? Did you miss some homework or something?"

Milton smiled and blushed slightly. "No, no. It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"I just need your advice on something."

"Go on..."

"About Wendy. About prom."

Robin blinked. She wasn't good at this kind of advice.
"What about prom?" She asked, ignoring the first part.

"I'm thinking of asking Wendy."

"Okay?"

"But I don't know how to do it."

He looked down to his lap, fingers intertwined with one another. Robin didn't want to talk about it at all, and didn't have the first idea how to help him with it. For god sake she wasn't even going, so she couldn't exactly base it on her own experience.

"I'm honestly not sure what to say. You know I'm shit at this kind of stuff. I've never even had a boyfriend, I wouldn't exactly know what's good or bad."

Milton huffed through a laugh, and nodded slightly. "I would've gone to Kate, but you're the only one who knows. Plus she thinks we like each other, it would spread around the school like a fire if she found out we didn't."

Robin quite liked the sound of a rumour confirming that she did not like her best friend in that way, but figured it would be an inappropriate time to say.
"Sorry about that."

"No, no it's fine. So, are you taking anyone?"

The sudden change in topic shocked her slightly. "No. Like I said, I'm not going."

"I see" Milton raised his eyebrows suspiciously. "You're gonna regret it though."

"What, standing at the sidelines the whole time while all my friends are off dancing? Yeah sounds like something I really don't want to miss."

"Well, how about this- if we don't have anyone in the next two weeks, we'll go together, as friends."

Robin hated the idea, but didn't want to burden Milton with ruining his prom night as well.
"Sounds like a plan-"

Just as the two agreed on the arrangement, the door clicked open and in walked y/n.
"Definitely sounds like a plan." She said once again, eyes trained on the girl making her way towards them.

-

"So, who are you guys going to prom with?" Carol asked, twirling her hair.

"Seriously Carol, prom talk already?" Tommy retaliated, looking over to Steve.

"Yeah" she replied with a shrug. "Everyone's talking about it."

"Well I'm thinking of taking Andrea." Tommy smirked, aiming to annoy his girlfriend. He received a sharp glare in return. "I'm joking, of course."

Steve didn't reply to the conversation, but just sat their glossy eyed, stabbing his food repeatedly with his fork.

"What about you Stevie boy?" Hagan asked, and Carol grinned.

"Erh-" Harrington pondered, raising his shoulders. His mind answered for him, but he didn't let it come out of his mouth. "Not sure."

"Well then, ask y/n." Carol suggested.

"What?" He put his fork down. Did he say it out loud after all? or could she just read his mind?

"You heard me, ask y/n."

They sat in silence for a moment.
"Erm, yeah actually, I think I might."

Tommy Hagan snorted. "Good luck with that one mate, she doesn't exactly seem interested."

"Oh she will be, I'll make sure of it." Steve confirmed, grabbing his fork.

Carol smirked at her partner and he returned the gesture.