𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣- 𝙃𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨

"Sir can I speak to you please?" Robin barged into the empty classroom, not really giving Mr Hauser a chance to reply.

"I- yeah sure, what's up?" He replied, placing down his pen.

"I need to ask you about something."

"Go ahead"

Robin paused for a moment, staring down at her feet. "If I were to ask someone to prom, who'd you think I'd ask?"

The point of the question was to find out if it was obvious, if Mr Hauser had figured it out long ago.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure if that would be an appropriate thing to say-"

"But theoretically?"

"Well, I'd might suggest Tammy, or even y/n? If I was to decide."

Robin gulped. "You know, don't you sir?"

"Know what?"

"About... about me."

Mr Hauser smiled a smile that Robin had never seen before.

"Well, I know about me." He chuckled, but then looked slightly nervous.

"I'm not sure I'm understanding." Robin replied, not catching onto his words.

"What I'm saying, is I know about me. After I figured that one out, it was pretty easy to do the same for you too."

"I still don't get what you're saying."

Her English teacher blew out a lengthy breath.
"I trust you not to tell anyone this information, but I could tell as soon as you talked about Tam, or y/n. Your eyes lit up, your pace fastened. I was exactly the same, Robin, with a boy I liked in high school."

"Oh" Robin all of a sudden understood. Mr Hauser was the same as her. "Did you go to prom with him?"

"No not quite, it was a lot different back then, even more so than it is now, if you can believe it."

Robin nodded.

"But I say, go with whoever you want. It doesn't matter in the long run. I didn't go with my... my boyfriend, but I'm with him now."

"Thankyou for trusting me with this information, Mr Hauser."

"Thankyou for realising." He smiled.

-

"Morning, Miss Buckley" Y/n greeted her friend as she took her seat in their morning History class.
It was somehow a lot more daunting to Robin now that she knew the information that she did.
"Morning." She replied.

"Saw you heading into Mr Hauser's classroom earlier... is everything okay? You looked a bit rushed."

Shit.
"Um yeah, everything's fine, we were just talking about something... something private."

"Okie dokie then" y/n nodded, pulling out her writing supplies, respecting Robin's privacy. "That reminds me- Mr Hauser's gay, right?"

Robin blinked. "How'd you know? I mean- no, no, of course not."

"Let's just say I've got a pretty good Gaydar, Robin."

That wasn't a term that Robin had heard before, but she knew what it had meant. It panicked her, actually. What if y/n knew about her too?
"Don't tell anyone though, okay? If people find out, he's going to think that it's me who told them."

"His secret's safe with me." Y/n confirmed, tapping her nose.

Robin breathed a sigh of relief. It was also a good thing that her friend wasn't against it. If she'd ever get the courage to actually ask her to prom, at least the worst thing that could happen was rejection, not homophobic slurs.

She knew that only one person actually knew about her attraction to the same gender, but if y/n could figure Mr Hauser out when even Robin couldn't, perhaps she had her own secrets too.

The two sat in silence from then on, each thinking into their own little world. The need to say anything else wasn't there, and the quiet was just fine. Click started her lesson before long anyway, so the whole classroom was hushed after a moment.