𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙣- 𝙉𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚

Y/n held her backpack over one shoulder as she followed the current of students out of the school door. The ending of the day meant the start of the meeting with Steve.
She wasn't excited, to say the least, but it gave her chance to make him back off for good. She had had experience with people like him back in California, and they were arguably worse than the jocks here in Hawkins. It made an easy win.

"Here's the staring lady!" Steve cheered as y/n approached him and his two cronies. "We were just talking about you"

"Were you now?" Y/n replied sarcastically, sauntering over.

"We sure were."

"Good things I hope- but yet again I don't really care."
Y/n pursed her lips and took a glance over to the other side of the pavement, catching a glimpse of Robin cycling away on her bike, eyebrows scrunched as if she was going to cry.
She'd have to question that tomorrow.

"This is Tommy and Carol by the way," Steve gestured to the others. "If you didn't know"

The two of them leaned smugly against the side of the car.

"Yeah, hi"

"So you're new around here, eh?" Carol asked, clicking her chewing gum around her mouth noisily.

"Sure am."

"Where've you moved from?" Tommy asked, putting a hand around Carol's waist. Y/n assumed that they were a couple.

"California."

"And you moved to Hawkins? That's shit."

"Yeah, I've been told." Y/n turned her attention to Steve. "Thought Nancy was gonna be here?"

"Yeah turns out she had to study." Steve lied and she saw right through him.

"She was never coming anyway, was she?"

Steve opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again. "Yeah, no."

"You're a shit liar, Harrington."

Tommy and Carol chuckled and opened the car doors behind them. "Come on then, I'm bored." Carol encouraged, throwing herself into a seat.

"Wait, where're we going?" Y/n asked as Steve headed around to the drivers seat.

"Back to mine," he filled her in. "Come on, I'm driving."

Y/n stood for a moment, not sure on what to do. This is not what she'd agreed to, but she was far too deep in to escape the situation now.

"Alrighty then." Y/n said to herself as she hopped into the back seat next to Carol, disregarding her bag in the footwell.

As they pulled out of the school grounds, Y/n's mind wandered back to Robin and her expression. Did she cause it? Or did something else happen?

-

As the car engine rumbled to a stop outside of a fairly large house, y/n huffed quietly. They had arrived.

"Where're the beers, Steve?" Tommy asked as he walked through the hallway towards Steve's kitchen.
"Top cupboard." He replied.

"Are your parents ever home, Steve?" Carol smirked as she followed her boyfriend, passing him a bottle opener.

"Short answer- no. Not that I mind though, they're total dicks"

"You ever get lonely in such a big place?" Y/n asked, examining the interior. It was quite bland, she thought.

"Not often. Normally out somewhere anyways."

"Makes sense. So why'd you bring me here?"

Tommy jumped up onto the counter and Carol leaned beside him.

"Well, you know," he started, running his fingers through his stupid hair. "You're new, don't really have any claimed territory- I'm doing you a favour, really. No need to thank me."

"So, you do this to every new kid?"

"No, just you. But trust me, hundreds of girls in that school would kill to be in your position right now."

Y/n huffed then grinned, finding his 'fact' humorous. "Your ego is massive isn't it? Just like your hair."

Carol snorted and covered her mouth, receiving a nasty glare from Steve. He reached up to run his fingers through his hair again, but realised what he was doing and lowered his arm awkwardly.

"Erm, guys I'm just gonna go get changed, be right back." Steve announced, walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

He had never been publicly humiliated like that before, and he didn't know whether to be pleased that someone had the guts to, or whether to be embarrassed as he wasn't used to it.
As he thundered up the staircase, a mimicking sound followed him up.

"Hey wait up man" Tommy called from behind him, following him into his room. "She's a spicy one isn't she?" Tommy laughed, taking a swig of beer.

"Isn't she just."

"Sounds like a bit of a bitch if you ask me."

"No, I don't think so."

"Don't excuse her behaviour just cause she's hot, Steve."

He found it comforting that Tommy unconsciously agreed with his thoughts- happy that he wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Not that that stops you anyway, Tommy."

"Fair point"

Tommy tended to go for a girl purely on looks, not caring for any personality. She could be a self-centred narcissist but it'd all be disregarded if she had an inch of good looks on her.

"Right, get out" Steve ordered as he pulled off his shirt.

Tommy headed back downstairs.

Steve returned to the group a few minutes later to find Carol and y/n sitting around the kitchen table, talking light chit-chat.
"Well well, look who's returned" Carol sneered as Steve entered the room. "We were just talking about y/n's hobbies. She's in band."

Steve knew that she was trying to put him off, but surprisingly, it didn't work.
"Yeah I heard, that Tammy kid in class didn't stop talking about it all lesson."

"What's she saying?" Y/n pondered, resting her head on her hand.

"That you played her favourite song or something? She made everyone sing? I don't really know, but what I do know is that she's a shit singer."

"Touché" y/n replied, not responding to his insult. After all, he was correct- no offence to Tammy. "So me being in band didn't put you off then?"

Steve shrugged, but then realised what she'd said. "What do you mean 'put me off'?"

Y/n glanced over at Carol and they smirked at each other. "I think you know what I mean."

Steve inflated his cheeks and blew out a breath.
They'd caught on. Flirting was in his nature, he couldn't exactly help it.