𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩- 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧

"Morning, Buckley" Y/n greeted as her friend walked through the door, backpack resting over one shoulder.
"Morning to you too" Robin replied, a ghost of a smile on her features. She looked slightly out of breath. Perhaps she didn't want to be late for the start of school.

"Have a good night?"

Robin gulped. "Yeah, I went over to Milton's for dinner."

"Milton-... Milton, the boy from class the other day?" She pondered in response, trying to figure out if she knew who Robin was referring to.

"You got it."

"Ahh, I'm good you see? Remembering peoples names."

"You sure are." Robin chuckled, then paused. "Um, I've got band practice later today, and I was wondering whether you want to come along?" She spoke her thoughts aloud. "You don't have to, of course, it was just a thought-"

"Woah, chill." Y/n hushed her, a smile on her face. "Of course I'll come."

"Great, yeah, um, it's right after break, you know where the band room is."

"Think I can remember, yeah."

"I'll meet you outside after break then."

Y/n nodded, transferring her attention to the newly spoken teacher.

"Alrighty then students-" the lesson began.

-

Robin stood outside of the band room shaking her hands nervously. Y/n would be arriving any minute, and it felt quite nerve racking to have an audience in practice. Somehow, the whole school as judges of their talent seemed less daunting than just one person. Which was a weird theory, actually.

Robin looked left to right down the hallway and took a deep breath. Y/n had just turned the corner.

"Hey" she called from down the corridor, quickening the pace at the sight of her friend.

"Just in time" Robin smiled to hide the panic. "Come on in."

The band room was full of life as the different groups chatted among themselves. Robin nodded to one of the Sexophone's group members in friendly gesture, and headed over to the Odd Squad. (Note: The music teacher didn't exactly approve of the name 'the sexophones' but after the third year of applying it, it stuck.)

"Guys, y/n's come to watch us practice today."
Robin announced, and everyone in the group either greeted her, or smiled- except from one.

Dash rose from his seat and took a step over to her. "Well, what's a pretty girl like you doing in the band room? Shouldn't you be hanging around with Steve Harrington or something?"

Y/n stepped away and grimaced. "If the point of that was to degrade the people in band, you should look where you are right now. Oh yeah, band."

Kate looked up to her recently confirmed boyfriend and narrowed her eyes. She'd obviously heard the word 'pretty' in the previous sentence.

"Now," Y/n continued, "what was your name?...Dash?"

He nodded.

"Well, the choice is yours, you can either dash on out of here, or you can open your eyes. You decide."

Robin opened her mouth in shock as the whole band room silenced, eyes staring at the cowering Dash who was standing awkwardly in-front of them both. He sat down with a scowl.

Pulling Y/n away, Robin huffed in admiration.

"Sorry if that was a little aggressive." Y/n apologised as they walked over to the instruments. "Couldn't help it, he was being a douche."