𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭- 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

The day of the prom

Y/n sauntered into the hallway, dodging the numerous couples swarming the lockers. She shoved her hands into her pockets, glad the atmosphere was heightened with joy.

Less than eleven hours to go, and only six lessons to sit through. Pretty easy to manage, she thought.
Nerves were brewing, but she pushed them away when she met up with Milton, who was sitting with Wendy in Mr Hauser's classroom.

"Good morning, ladies and gents." She greeted her two friends and teacher as she waltzed through the door.

"A good morning to you too, y/n" Sir replied with a nod and a smile.

"How's everyone feeling today?" Y/n asked, taking a seat.

"Pretty okay, actually" Wendy said, and then paused. "Perhaps a bit nervous."

She knew that feeling. "Same, but you'll do great, trust me. Where's Kate and Dash anyway?"

"Not here yet." Milton told her.

"Robin?"

"Neither."

A laugh sounded from the doorway, and two happy people piled in.
"Speak of the devil." Mr Hauser laughed.

Dash's expression dropped as soon as he saw them, and y/n couldn't help but roll her eyes. He was always in a mood, and it lowered hers too.

"Today's the day!" Kate practically sang as she joined the group, followed by her boyfriend. "And the day where we get to find out who your date is!"

Y/n nodded and pursed her lips, taking a glance at Mr Hauser who smiled sympathetically.

"So you do." She sighed, trying to sound excited. "I just want wait for you guys to meet Robert."

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Mr Hauser lower his eyebrows slightly, probably through confusion.
Nodding discreetly, to let him know that she was still going with Robin, y/n smiled.

Suddenly, their ears were filled with the shrill ring of the school bell. Class was going to start, and Robin still hadn't showed.

-

Robin's hair blew in the wind as she biked, pace growing faster and faster as she advanced. She was never normally late for class, but her nerves had gotten the better of her that morning.

If y/n was going to change her mind, today was the day she was going to do it. Six painful hours of wondering if her date was suddenly going to decide against it- but she had to get to school, as if she missed it all together then y/n would think that she cancelled. There was always the 'I'm sick' option, but that was a shit excuse, and Robin knew it.

Class had already started when she arrived, and it was a shame that she couldn't stick around the hallways for a bit longer, enjoy the rare peacefulness.
Surprisingly, she thanked the school timetable for the first time in her existence, as she knew that her first period teacher wouldn't complain about her being late. It was a big day for her, and he knew as much.

Robin approached the classroom door. Echoes of chatter floated through the wood, and the nervy girl was glad to know that Mr Hauser hadn't started any sort of presentation.

"Morning sir, sorry I'm late." She announced as she plucked up the courage to walk in.
Mr Hauser smiled from his desk, and beckoned for his student to take a seat. "Oh no worries, we aren't going to be doing much today anyway."

"Right" Robin nodded. "Good to know."

Y/n smiled as her date took a seat with the group. "How're you doing today then, Miss?"

"Pretty good, actually." She replied. The real answer was 'I'm terribly nervous and feel incredibly ill' but she decided to keep her mouth closed. It was for the best, as if she acknowledged her feelings, they might just get the better of her.

"That's good to hear" y/n nodded, and then turned to sir, catching his attention. "That reminds me, are you going to be at prom tonight, Sir?"

Mr Hauser shook his head. "Oh no, you guys won't want me there."

Robin gulped, she didn't realise how much she was relying on him being there incase things went wrong, incase she needed a pep-talk, a little boost. Now that her safety blanket- or should we say, safety teacher- had gone, the giddy feeling returned.

"I might pop in before I leave, see how you all are. Got a lot of marking to catch up on tonight so I might just catch you in time."

Y/n nodded and then turned to Robin. "Hopefully we don't get the miserable teachers then."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Mr Hauser chuckled, busying himself with something on his desk.

"Well you can't exactly disagree with us, Mr Hauser."

"I do in-fact understand your point, yes."

"Seeee" y/n laughed, making the teacher roll his eyes with a grin.