𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧- 𝙉𝙤 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣 𝘽

"So then, Steve," Carol nudged him. "What're you wearing to prom tomorrow? Something to impress y/n, I would hope. You do scrub up quite nicely when you make an effort."

Steve hitched his breath. "I've decided not to go."

Carol let out a singular huff of a laugh. "You're joking? She said no?"

Steve shook his head. "She didn't say anything, actually. Just walked off."

"Well, I told you that you needed time for plan B, but your ego got ahead of itself again, didn't it?"

He glared at the shorter girl walking with him. "Yeah, thanks for that." Rolling his eyes, he quickened his pace.

"She's probably already got a date." She added, making things worse.

"Okay, Carol! I get it." Harrington snapped, stopping in his tracks. "I'm not going with y/n, alright? Get it in your head!"

"Jeez," she grimaced at his temper. "Well it's not my fault is it?"

Before Steve could say another word, she veered off track and headed off into the school.
He realised his wrongs, but took no action.

-

"Robert Baker, eh?" Robin chuckled as the two of them left the band room. "Sounds like a really lucky person, getting to go to prom with you."

"I'd say I'm the one that's more lucky in this situation."

Robin smiled, looking down to her black converse. "I highly doubt it. By the way, you can take this however you want to. As friends or seriously. Either way is fine."

Y/n looked over to her prom date. "I don't think you meant it as friends, Robin."

"Take it how you please."

She smirked at Robin, finding it silly how she wanted to hide the fact. Y/n took it just as how Robin had intended, even if not consciously.

"What did Steve ask you anyway? The other day?" Robin asked, thinking back to when the boy pulled her friend out of class.

"Oh, he erh, wanted to ask me to prom."

Robin smiled inside, but didn't let it show. She had won Y/n over Steve 'the hair' Harrington, King of Hawkins high himself. That was one hell of an achievement. "What did you say?"

"I didn't." Y/n explained. "I walked off, and went and had a chat with Mr Hauser. It was pretty easy to make a decision from then on."

"Told you he was helpful."

"So you did... Oh and I don't mind if you want to tell people that we're just going as friends, that it's not a serious thing."

Robin nodded. "I appreciate that...It's been tough, you know- Accepting it."
The last two words were quieter, less confident.

"I know...I know." Y/n wrapped her arm around her friends' shoulder, and after checking no-one was around, kissed Robin on the cheek before whispering quietly in her ear.  "I'm glad you've found yourself."

Robin's insides went warm, and her hand reached up to her face. For a moment, she considered never washing that cheek again, but realised that that would be completely unsanitary. Hopefully it wouldn't be the last anyway. No. She couldn't get her hopes up.

Y/n released her arm from Robin's shoulders, and shoved her hands into her pockets. Robin couldn't form the words to reply, so just continued walking, eyes wide. Her feelings were understood, and the feelings were mutual.

-

Later on in the day, an unexpected assembly was called, adding to the excitement. Students piled into the gym hall, most of them partnered up with their prom dates. Robin noticed Tam walk in with Daniel, and was happy that both girls had got what they'd wanted. Tammy and Daniel, Robin and y/n.

The two of them grouped up with Milton, Wendy, Kate and dash, and took a seat on the bleachers.

"Do you think this is about tomorrow?" Wendy questioned, placing her hands on her lap.

"Probably." Milton replied.

Around another hundred students sauntered in, and before long the principle had them silenced.
"Thank you, everyone, for co-operating so well to our sudden call, and my apologies to the teachers who's lessons we've disturbed."

Y/n didn't mind, it was chemistry.

"So, getting straight onto the topic, as you all know, we have our annual snowball tomorrow night!" The school exploded with a mixture of cheers and shouts. "And I would like to go over some rules and regulations."

The hall's cheers turned into groans, and Sir laughed. "Well, it's got to happen!"

Once the hall was quiet again, he continued. "The gates will be open at seven, ready for the start at half past. Please have your tickets ready at the entrance,"

Y/n didn't have a ticket, but if Robin had one, and she was a student- they couldn't just not let her in, could they?

"And I'd like to kindly but seriously ask you, please don't spike the punch like you've done previously- which leads me to the reminder that the middle-schoolers will be joining us this year."

This was news to the high-schoolers. Boos and shouts came from the crowd, not wanting to spend the night with a bunch of rowdy kids.

"Everyone calm down! It was either no prom, or joined prom!"

They shut their mouths. It was the better choice after all.

"Well it's gonna be pretty packed then, I'm guessing." Y/n leaned to her side to speak to Robin.

"I guess so."

Although it made Robin even more nervous, having more people there, at least it gave her a bigger chance to blend in with the crowd, hide away a little bit.