Chapter 35 - Surprise Party Invite

Scarlett

It's my birthday soon, which is January 13th, only a couple days away. I usually don't like celebrating my birthday because it makes me think about my biological parents, but my sweet friends Lana and Cassidy took me out for an early birthday lunch. I hadn't seen them since I got back from my trip.

We are at a resturant called Nobu, super fancy!

I was trying to stay in touch with the conversation Lana and Cassidy were having, but I couldn't help but remember what happened in Hawaii. It still shocks me that I let James take my virginity just like that. I still hadn't told my friends that he did; I was afraid of what their reactions would be.

"Are you enjoying your food?" Cassidy asked. I ordered miso soup and some sushi rolls.

I nodded. "Yes, everything here is amazing."

"Did you hear what we were just talking about?" Cassidy asked me.

"No, I did not," I admitted.

Cassidy and Lana looked at eachother with grins.

"Well," Lana began. "I think I'm going to ask out Ian soon. I really like him!"

My mouth parted in shock. "Wow, that's awesome! I know for sure he's going to say yes."

She bit into her sushi. "You think so?" Her mouth was full of food.

"Of course! Why would he say no?"

Because he told you he liked you...

I erased that thought from my mind, and tried to be optimistic that he would agree to go out with Lana.

Cassidy looked at me. "Have...you talked to him at all?"

"No." I didn't hesitate.

Cassidy eyed me weirdly. "Okay...we'll since it's your birthday, let's talk about you. How's James?"

I choked on my miso soup. "P-Pardon me?"

Lana rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up, Scar. We wanna know the details from your trip!!"

I became red all over thinking about it.

"Uhhh...it was really nice. I got to enjoy the beach all day and sip margaritas with my best friend in the world, James. Also, we went sky diving and parasailing and bridge jumping!"

Cassidy looked at me knowingly. "Bitch, I didn't just meet you yesterday. I know none of that happened. Seriously, tell us!!"

I gulped and looked at Lana, who was looking at me like she was trying to solve something.

Then her mouth opened wide, like she figured it out.

"You guys fucked, didn't you?"

Cassidy's head whipped to me, eyes bulging out of her head.

With a shaky hand, I grabbed my water glass and placed the cold rim to my lips as they both stared me down.

I gulped down water then placed the glass back down. "Guys, listen..."

"Oh my fucking god," Cassidy shrieked. "You guys definetly did."

"Was his dick game good?" Lana asked.

"Did he go down on you?" Cassidy asked.

My head kept whipping back and fourth as they asked one question after another. I was losing my mind.

"Guys, please!! Let me just explain."

They went silent.

I rolled my eyes with a slight smile on my face. "Okay, yes, we did. But you can't tell anyone!"