Choater 4 - Sushi Fiasco!

James

It's been four days since I last talked to Scarlett. We talked only on the first day of school. She's been dodging me whenever we cross paths. In class she doesn't even look my way and in the hallways if she sees me she will run into the girls bathroom.

It was getting annoying, not having her attention and all. I wanted it badly.

So, being me, I thought of a great way to get it.

I decided to skip the class Scarlett and I have together and once the bell rings I would wait outside and start flirting with this random chick to see if Scarlett would be jealous. I already texted the girl to meet me outside of my class.

I leaned up against the lockers next to the classroom and sighed. This plan better work.

I looked at my phone. Only thirty seconds until class gets out.

I lifted my head and saw the girl I texted walking in my direction. Perfect.

"Hey, James," the girl purred, gliding her freshly manicured fingers down my chest.

The bell rang.

I suddenly felt nervous. Why am I so nervous?

I kept my eyes on the girl but occasionally looked up.

Finally Scarlett appeared.

"Hey, babygirl." I kissed the girls cheek. The girl giggled playfully.

I turned to look at Scarlett. She glanced at me and the girl for not even a split second, rolled her eyes, and kept walking.

I huffed. Dammit. How did that not work?

"Because she thinks you're a player."

My eyes widened when I realized I said that out loud.

I whipped my head in the direction of the voice. It was one of the boys Scarlett sits with at lunch. He was leaning up against the lockers opposite from me with a smirk full of laughter on his face.

I gritted my teeth. "What?"

"It didn't work because she thinks you're a player. She would expect you to flirt with girls. Why on earth would you think that would work, out of all things?" He was mocking me. Great.

"Watch yourself, Ian," I warned him, acting like I was the alpha.

"Listen." Ian walked up to me and put his arm on my shoulder. "I know what Scarlett likes. Make her an album of country music and buy her chocolate. That's the way to her heart," he said with a smirk on his face.

"You're full of shit." I didn't believe this kid for a second.

He lifted his eyebrow in amusement. "Oh, am I now? I've only been friends with her for so long, it's not like I know anything," he said sarcastically.

I didn't say anything else, but rather watched him walk away with a confident stride.

But being paranoid and thinking maybe he could be right, I eventually got her the album and bought her chocolate.

***

Scarlett

James has been backing me up into a psychological corner. From his stupid smirks to his teasing flirtatious eyes, I can't focus – and it's only the first week of school.

"What's up with you?" my manager asked me.

Just to inform you, I work at a sushi restaurant called Blue Sushi. The girl employees' get these little black pencil skirts – which not to mention the boys love –, and these tight black shirts with our logo written in blue writing. I always hated the uniform because I always get weird stares from the men that come to eat. Yuck.