Chapter 7 - The Younger Brother

Scarlett

"Have you talked to Chase lately?" Cassidy asked me out of the blue.

It was another boring day of attending hell. Cassidy offered to drive me to school early because Ian couldn't that day and I had to get out of the house before Mr. Creepy (a.k.a James) showed up uninvited.

I was staring out the window for a while but then my attention went to her. "Yeah. Why?"

"He hasn't talked to me in a couple days." All of a sudden her face turned pale. "Do...do you think he knows I like him? OH GOD." She grabbed the steering wheel tighter.

"Woah, that's not why. Relax. He's just been busy with school. I haven't talked to him that much in the past couple days either."

Her hands loosened. I sighed, my shoulders relaxed.

But man was she paranoid about Chase.

When she finally calmed down, I noticed her eyeing me out of the corner of her eye, judging me.

"What?" I snapped, irritated by the look she was giving me.

"What's going on between you and uhh..."

My face turned red. "No! Don't you dare say who I think you're going to say. It's not like that."

She smirked, her teeth looked pearly white against her red lipstick. "Then what's it like, huh."

We pulled up to the school parking lot.

I looked out the window again. "Its not like-"

I stopped talking and my eyes widened when I saw him.

He had his books in one hand, the other hand deep in his pocket. He had his head down looking at the ground, his brown parted hair falling in his eyes. He looked unbothered, his facial expressions showing he didn't want anyone coming up to him.

James walked like a runway model. Everyone cleared the way for him — they knew he was the alpha.

He looked so...cool, mysterious.

"Scarlett, you zoned out for a while. What are you staring at?" Cassidy said.

A flashback of Jame's kissing me popped up in my mind, clouding my vision and thoughts.

My ears burned red. How can a thought like that affect me like this?

I turned to face Cassidy and unbuckled my seat belt. I sighed. "James k-kissed me the other day."

Her mouth fell open to the floor. She stared at me like I just found the cure for cancer - something unimaginable.

"What the fuck!" she screamed with excitement. "That boy kissed you!"

I opened the car door. "Will you not say anything about it?"

"It's going to be so hard not to. I don't know how long I'll last."

I laughed. "That's what she said."

"You're not funny." A sly smile crept onto her lips.

"I know." I got out of the car. "Bye, Cassidy."

I closed the door and almost fainted when I saw what Cassidy was doing.

She turned her back to face me and wrapped her arms around her body so her hands were on her back and she moved them up and down, pretending to make out with someone.

When she looked back at me I flipped her off.

She winked and blew me a kiss. "Love ya, Scar!"

I rolled my eyes. Maybe I shouldn't have told her because she will probably torment me about it for the rest of my life.