Chapter 1 - Introduction

Scarlett

I think about you. I think about how everyday you live your life without me.

Without your daughter.

I think about you, Greg. The boy I loved so much that I was willing to do anything for you. The boy I tired to help when your parents past away and you were left with nothing. I tried helping because I felt similar – how I never met my parents, and how yours were gone. We both didn't have them in our lives.

Who would have known the boy you tried saving was the one that didn't give a shit about you, and said that "no one will ever love someone like you, Scarlett. Absolutely no one."

Absolutely no one.

Maybe he was right. Maybe I was born to be alone.

I had to learn love from the ones who never loved me back. And learning that way has made me a monster: cold, emotionless, heartless...alone.

Not being loved has taught me that the only one I can rely on at the end of the day is myself. All I need is myself and I'll be fine. I've made it this far, I'll continue to deafeat every challenge that comes my way.

Narrator POV

But who knew Scarlett's greatest challenge would soon be a boy...

She had no clue about that the night she stayed up thinking before the first day of school that her biggest challenge would soon be coming — her biggest fear would finally catch up to her.

The fear of falling in love.

They always say if you run from your problems, they will catch up to you eventually. Scarlett never listened, though. Even out of breath she always kept running. She has fought off emotions, learned to burry them in the ground so now she has none. Nobody – or so Scarlett thought – could ressurect those emotions. Nobody was strong enough to do it.

She wished that was the case. She wished burying her emotions actually killed them.

But there is a boy named James, who ended up being the knight in shining armor.

Scarlett never knew that hiding her emotions and running away from them would actually make things worse. It prevented her from controlling them.

So when he finally noticed her, she didn't understand anything inside her mind or soul. She didn't understand the feelings she was getting because she tried running away from them all her life.

But even when this special person sparked emotions, Scarlett ran.

She ran for her life.

But eventually, James caught up to Scarlett.

And consumed her whole.

This is the story of how two teenagers – one stubborn girl and one egotistic boy – fall in love.