Chapter 3

I came back into the room to see Jess and Linda putting on Britney's clothes. Britney on the other hand was on her phone texting someone, "Who are you texting? And why aren't you getting dressed?" I asked tilting my head to see who she was texting. But she put her phone away before I could see anything. "Oh, it's just my parents, they wanted to see how everything is going. Also, I've already seen those clothes on me, so I didn't want to dress up." she said. "Oh. Okay then." I said walking to my bag and pulling out my phone to play on.

The other girls continued to play dress up but then Britney spoke up. "I'm bored. Let's go outside for a while, I have something I want to do." she said, grabbing a pair of tennis shoes. The other girls put back the clothes they were previously trying on before putting their clothes back on and putting shoes on.

"Outside? It's pitch-black outside." I said not wanting to take that risk of leaving into the darkness where anyone or anything can get you.

"Come on (Y/N) it will only be for a short bit, and we won't go far, promise." Britney said. I told her no was no, but she kept on pushing and pushing to the point where she was starting to get really annoying. Is this seriously the same girl that most people at school said was so terrible? All the stories are basically exaggerated. That or....

Or she's planning something big.

And it involves me somehow.

Either way I didn't want to go.

She sighed in defeat, "Fine if you don't want to go, I guess we will have to go ourselves. Stay here and do whatever I guess." she said as the three of them walked out of the house. I sighed and started to walk back to the bedroom. Only to hear a loud blood curdling scream coming from outside. I whipped around, grabbed whatever shoes I could and ran out with whatever kind of 'weapon' I could grab first, which was an umbrella of all things. "LET THEM GO YOU SON OF A B-" I started but stopped short when I saw all three girls were standing there as if they were waiting for me. "Wha-" I said confused.

"Oh! (Y/N)! So glad you decided to join us after all!" Britney said with a smile. I lowered the umbrella and glared at them. "Not cool." I said with menace in my voice.

They giggled and started walking down the street. I groaned and rolled my eyes before following them.

I kept the umbrella close to me as we continued to walk. "Where are we going?" I asked them. At this point we were getting uncomfortably far away from the house. "Oh, nowhere special, just the old cemetery down the street" Britney said with a smile on her face.

I completely stopped waking, "What! No! I am not going to the cemetery with you all. It's counted as trespassing." I stated clearly. "Okay, you can take the long trek back to the house alone then. Cause we are gonna go with or without you." Britney said not looking at me as they kept walking.

She had a point. Walking alone at night is extremely dangerous. We've already gotten too far from the safe point of turning back. I sighed and hurried up back to the group. "Just so you know. I don't support this idea." I said glaring.

Within an hour we made it to the cemetery. Of course, the gate was closed and locked. "Welp we are here and oh no the only entrance is locked. Looks like we reached the end. Let's go back to the house now." I said starting to walk back. That is until I heard metal and chain shaking. I turned around to see Linda climbing on the gate, and Britney on the other side already. I groaned and followed them through. "Guys this is a BAD idea. Do you want to get arrested?" I told them trying to knock some sense into them. "Relax (Y/N) this place has been abandoned for years. Plus, everyone is too scared of The Nightmare to come here at night." Linda said. I tilted my head and raised a brow in confusion, "The Nightmare?" I said. All three of them stopped and whipped around at me. "You've NEVER heard of The Nightmare?!" expressed Jess. I shook my head in response. They all looked at each other before Britney began to speak.

"Legend has it that long long ago there were two brothers. Used to be as thick as thieves even though they were completely different." Britney started.

"One brother was extremely happy and positive all the time. Everyone loved and adored him and his positive behavior." Linda continued.

"The other however was dark and mean. Always glaring at people and never interacting with them. But when he did, he would infect them with negative emotions. Some even committed suicide because of him." Jess continued.

"Until one day the negative brother attacked his happier, more positive brother. The people quickly went to protect the positive brother. As a result, the negative brother was killed by the people. Right in this very spot." Britney continued.

"That's why no one wants to come here and why this place always feels negative and dark." Jess said.

"But before he died, he put a curse on the entire town's people. He said, 'All of you will know true suffering when I return again.' He said that just as a farmer took a stake and stabbed him in the right side of his head. Killing him. He was killed, right on this very land." Britney finished.

The story sounded interesting but not that scary. It just put me on high alert. Starting to pick up on something bad, but I shook it off myself. But kept an eye on it though. "Okay. So then why are we here if everyone is so scared to be here." I commented.

Britney smirked and walked up to a large headstone that had multiple candles set up. Jess went and started to light every single one of them. "We are going to summon The Nightmare." Britney said with a smile on her face.