Chapter 8

Oh, this is gold.

Nightmare told me to stay behind this headstone and wait for his signal. He disappeared soon after, the others growing closer and closer. I heard Britney yelling at the others, they started to look more and more scared and confused but not by Nightmare, but from Britney. Then without warning she full on slapped one of them. I covered my mouth so not burst out laughing when she turned from anger to confusion and maybe a hint of fear. Then I saw Nightmare appear right beside Britney and seemed to say something in her ear. She turned around and fell to the ground freaking out when she saw him. But for some reason the others didn't seem to see him, acting as if he wasn't there. Then he disappeared when she looked away.

He reappeared beside me behind the headstone. "When I give you the signal, I want you to start running around them. But keep to the tree line and in the shadows so they don't see you." he whispered to me. I nodded in understanding, he smiled and disappeared. I turned back towards the group. They were trying to leave but I knew Nightmare wasn't going to let them. Then suddenly, a thick round of fog rolled in, and it even looked like the shadows grew. If that was even possible, but then again, I'm working with a goo covered skeleton d**** who can use magic. So, my best guess is that this is all Nightmare's doing.

Then I felt it, the signal. I felt that same feeling I got before in that fight. So, it was him before, which means he saw me in the fight. I wonder how much he saw. I would have to ask him later, right now though I needed to run just like Nightmare said to. I ran and ran, making lots of noises, breaking branches, throwing stuff, etc. They all got closer to each other; I could have sworn that my movements sounded louder than what they really should be. But I guess it is Nightmare's doing as well. Eventually I heard one of them scream louder than the others. When I looked, I saw one of the guys being dragged away by a tentacle thing.

I knew Nightmare would explain afterwards. The group got tighter, I thought that would make things difficult for Nightmare. So, I decided to give him some help by throwing a rock towards Jess. It almost hit her right in the head, almost though. Probably would have been better if it hit her straight on. But oh well, it served its purpose in gaining their attention, just enough so that Nightmare could snatch the other guy. Taking him straight up into the darkness above. Then Jess did something super stupid, she tried running away, I let her go a bit before tackling her. She screamed but it was very easy to get her to shut up, by hitting her upon the head, knocking her out completely. When I got back, I saw that Nightmare was standing in front of Britney who was on the ground.

"Please.... I don't want to do this anymore...." she begged.

"Aw but our fun was just getting started." I said right into her ear. A smile like Nightmare's on my face. That seemed to get a kick out of her as she turned her head around to look at me.

"Ooo looks like you got her active again." Nightmare said almost in a purr.

I only giggled in response, "Looks that way. Too bad," I grabbed onto her hair and pulled her up to look at me. "Because I don't really like to waste time and strength on a pathetic little wannabe b**** who thinks she can get power by manipulation and pain of the innocent." I said before letting her go and fall to the ground.

"This has been fun. Let's do it again sometime." Nightmare purred again.

Then she passed out and fell to the ground.

"That was so much fun, too bad it's over." I said walking to Nightmare's side. He smiled and agreed. We cleaned up our mess and decided to drop them off at Britney's house. Much to Nightmare's protest. "I need to get my things before I leave. I'm absolutely not leaving this here with these jerks." I said as Nightmare drops all of them onto the bed and poured alcohol, he found in the house all over them to make it look like they were partying and drinking. We walked out of the house and got into my car. Nightmare was hesitant at first, saying something about not liking tight closed areas. I rolled my eyes and told him to just get in. He glared and huffed before getting in the car, buckling up upon my insistent request as I drove out of the driveway. "So where are we going?" he asked after a first few minutes of driving.

"You'll see." I said.

He huffed and sat there looking out the window.

After a while silence, I decided to talk to him, "Well, you still owe me an explanation and after all of that, I have more questions than answers." I said. He glanced at me then let out a groan followed by a 'fine'.

I drove us to the nearby park. I put the car into park and got out. Nightmare did the same, following my actions. Then we started our walk down the concrete trail. "Sooooooo" I said waiting for him to explain and giving him a sly smile.

He sighed and groaned, "Fine. I assume you've heard the legends or whatever it is these people believe in." He said, looking at me.

I shrugged, "Only what the others told me. They said that a long time ago there were two brothers. One was basically pure, while the other was completely evil. One day the evil brother attacked the good brother. The people then attacked him to defend their beloved friend from his brother. In the process killing him but not before he cursed the town with his return." I said.

I heard him groan and growl a little bit. "Of course. Leave it to humans to slaughter the truth. That's not what actually happened." He said.