Chapter 5

Today has been a rather boring day. Or night. It's hard to tell when you've been changed up against obsidian with chains that are reinforced with positive energy. But I guess that's what comes with being the king of negativity like myself. There has been a rather low amount of negativity occurring in the world above. Which only adds to my draining time here.

That is.

Until something very special happened.

The chains began to rattle and shake with the walls. "What the h***?" I said to absolutely no one. What is happening? Then to my shock the chains that were on my legs shattered. Then the chains on my arms, finally the most irritating part of my imprisonment, the chains around my chest.

I was freed.

But before I could do anything I was pulled through a portal and thrown to the ground. I hissed at the pain that followed.

Pain.

I can feel pain.

That means this is real.

Not a dream or a hallucination.

Real.

I stood up and looked at my hands for the first time in an eternity. No chains. I smiled; I could feel my magic power returning to me. It was slow and in small amounts, but it was coming back. I looked around at where I landed. To my disgust I was back at this infernal land.

The place where I was killed and imprisoned. Some things have changed, the land is now a graveyard and most, if not all the plant life has or is at the point of being considered dead. But I could feel that this is the EXACT spot. The only thing that was different was the sound of laughter. I practically growled at the sound, that is until I got a rush of something I would consider good. Shock, betrayal, pain with a hint of anger. I looked to see where it was all coming from. I saw what looked to be a group of children, teens most likely gathered with some flashlights. The main group left behind one of them. She held an umbrella in her hand.

She's the one.

She's the one with all the negativities. All the anger I'm picking up on. It's all coming from her.

Then she did something I was not anticipating happening.

She attacked the group.

Starting with the one that was talking and laughing the most, she really should have been paying more attention to her surroundings rather than her silly phone. Cause she never saw the hit happen, not even when it met her head. Her body dropped to the ground as the girl started to go after and defend herself from that other girl's 'friends'. She was so busy keeping her eye on her target that she didn't see that two of them were going to jump her. I didn't want the show to be over just yet, plus I'm starting to take an interest in this girl. So, I gave her a little bit of help by using a small bit of my aura to make her look in that direction. Sure, enough she looked and was able to fight off the two. Before long she was the only one standing in the middle of the mess. I can feel her anger and a bit of insanity growing. I tried to push her over the edge and influence her into ending their pathetic lives.

But she rejected it.

Strange. My influence never fails to work. "Hm. Interesting." I decided to follow the girl when she started to run off deeper into the cemetery. She eventually ended up sitting at the bottom of an all too familiar tree. "Huh. Thought I killed this thing." I muttered to myself. No wait. This isn't it. My memories of the past are corrupting what I see. But nonetheless it is interesting that she sat below this tree. Rather than the nearby bench. She pulled her legs close to her and cried. I decided to wait a bit before I went up to her, taking a nice little snack break from her sorrows.

When I got my fill, I walked up to her. She didn't seem to notice the sound of the leaves and twigs breaking under my feet and I came up to her. She still didn't notice me when I stopped right in front of her. So, I decided to say something to break her out of her silly crying. But what? I wrapped many things through my skull that I would say.

'Nice fighting skill you have. Join me and we'll show them no mercy.'

'You intrigue me girl. What is your name.'

No, none of those sounded right. So, I decided to go with one of my original lines.

"Well well well. Look what we have here."