Chapter 11

Sorry for the long delay in posting a new chapter. I literally finished my exams yesterday and I'm really tired. But now that I can get back to my creative activities like drawing and writing, I feel 10 times better. Thank you all so much for your patience 💙

The second he grabbed hold of the fruit, he felt a surge of power and the pain went away. He was still injured but it didn't hurt. He looked over to see that the entire town was coming this way.

They all had weapons.

He slowly stood up, leaning on the tree for support. He knew they were coming to kill him. They probably were told that he had harmed Dream. Which he did. He tried to figure out what to do. But there was no way out. His leg was still broken, and Dream was completely knocked out. Then he remembered the tales of the apples giving people power and strength. But he also knew of the risks of taking one of the apples. Or lack of. No one has ever taken one apple without the other; people have tried but failed. So, he vertically knew nothing about how to make it work in his favor. He took a deep breath and decided to take the risk. He wanted so badly to get rid of all the villagers. They have been nothing but trouble since they came here. He wanted to kill them. He hated them for causing him so much pain. He HATES them.

He bit into the apple.

But there was something he didn't realize before taking the bite.

The apple was no longer gold.

He dropped the apple in shock. He knew it was a golden apple when he looked at it last time. That's when a leaf fell into view.

It was brown.

He quickly looked up to see that the tree had turned completely brown, and all the apples were now a dark black color. Then suddenly there was pain striking his chest. The pain was so intense that his vision became blurred. Then a voice rang through his head.

"Take another bite." It spoke.

After it said that he had lost control of his body functions, as his hand reached for the apple and brought it back to his mouth. To where he then took a large bite. And another. And another. Soon he had devoured the entire apple. But that didn't stop him, or rather his body. He reached over and grabbed another one and ate that one too. And then another. And then another. Until the pain got too much for him that he couldn't eat anymore.

Then he started throwing up.

He started throwing up this black goo.

Every single part of his body was throbbing with pain. But it was worse in his head and in his chest. He clutched onto his head. That's when he felt the goo coming from his sockets as well. Then without warning the pain stopped completely. Nightmare was confused by this and even relieved that it was over.

But he couldn't be far from wrong.

Without warning the pain came back tenfold. This time all on his back. With the pain came a cracking and ripping sound. When he looked back, he was horrified to see four goo covered tentacles coming from his back. But that wasn't the only thing he saw. Something else caught his attention. The townspeople. They were practically surrounding him.

Even through pain Nightmare still held anger and hate towards them. After all, it's all their fault. If only they could have just accepted him, h*** he would have accepted them completely ignoring him. But no. They had to start coming out here and attacking him.

Now.

Now was their turn to feel pain.

The newfound tentacles lashed around in warning to the villagers. But they didn't listen. Instead, some of them rushed up towards him. Without moving an inch of his actual body, the tentacles did a full circle clear out. Knocking down the people that were the farthest from him. The people closest, however. They were virtually sliced in half.