Chapter 4

"H*** no." I stated a matter of fact. "There is no way in h*** I am going to summon some crazed d**** that threatened to cause pain and suffering. I've already done enough bad things by coming with you to this f***ing cemetery." I said angrily. Britney groaned angrily to me, "Fine! Sit over there and just watch us as WE do the ritual instead." She said sitting down on a blanket on the ground. I glared and sat on a nearby bench, just far enough that I wouldn't be involved but close enough that I was still close to the group.

The three of them were on the ground holding hands to form a triangle. Then Britney spoke up. "Spirits of darkness, spirits shadows, hear our call. We summon The Nightmare. We free him from his chains to take revenge on the people who hath caused harm. Bring him back, he shall rain once more. This is our will SO MOTE IT BE! RANTAR NEGATISTH EVITAGEN!"

After she finished her chant and those weird words there was a cold breeze that blew past all of us. Including me. God, I hope I'm not getting pulled into all of this. The wind blew out all the candles, leaving all four of us in complete darkness. Even the moon was gone. Hidden behind the clouds. The girls screamed and started freaking out. I tried to yell over them to get them to be quiet. Eventually they did. I held up the umbrella in defense, getting a really really bad feeling about this. "Idiots." I muttered to myself. I was talking about all four of us. Yes, me included. I never should have agreed to this.

There was movement coming from different and multiple directions around us. The movement is coming closer and closer to us. I tried my best to find the group, but they seemed to have disappeared with the darkness.

Leaving me all by myself. "F***" I cursed to myself. I pinned my back to the large headstone making sure nothing could come up behind me without me seeing movement. I started to panic a bit. Until I felt multiple appendages grab ahold of me on both my arms, and my right leg. I screamed and closed my eyes preparing for the worst.

....

But instead of pain and death.

There was a large flash.

And the sound of a picture being taken.

Then large amounts of giggling.

Then several lights came on at once. I hissed at it since my eyes were adjusted for the dark. But when they began to adjust, I saw three figures.

They were the girls. They all had their phones out with flashlights in their hands. Laughing their butts off. "Wha-" I spoke as my brain began to process what had just happened. As my brain was processing, they just kept taking pictures. Then two boys came out from behind the headstone. Holding branches in their hands. They joined the girls laughing too. Britney went to one of the boys and kissed him. Then I finally understood what just happened.

I was the victim of a prank.

"Oh god you should have seen your face! Priceless! Poor idiotic girl freaks out when branches touch her. And her first response is to use an f***ing umbrella!" Britney explained, corrupting the truth and laughing all about it. "I'm so going to post all of this to the school!" She added as she fiddled around with her phone. "If you weren't hated and laughed at, at the school before you sure will be now!" She said laughing and walking away with her posse.

I clenched the umbrella in my hand, anger and rage building and building until.

I snapped.

Before they could see it coming, I ran at them, raising the umbrella then bringing it down hard on Britney's head. She fell to the ground, the others, finally realizing what was happening, tried to help her. One of the boys, the one she kissed, came at me with a swing, me being smaller than him I was easily able to dodge him. Then taking a strike at his kneecap, probably either dislocating it or breaking it completely. Linda picked up Britney and started off with her. I used the hook end of the umbrella to hook Linda's ankle causing her to trip and drop Britney. The other boy and Jess tried to jump me from behind, they would have succeeded if it wasn't for a weird feeling that I got that caused me to turn around. When I did, I was able to block Jess and pull her in between me and the other boy. She got hit by him in the process. All five of them are now on the ground in some form of pain and suffering. I glared at them with such hate and satisfaction at what happened. I really enjoyed it.

Maybe I should end-

No.

I quickly shook my head and looked at what I had done. This time in shock and horror. I started to panic, then I took off deeper into the cemetery. The weapon in hand. I ran as fast as I could until there was no possible way anyone could find me. That's when I found a tree. It looked half dead, but I didn't care. Honestly at this point I didn't care about much at all anymore. All I wanted to do was cry at this point. I sat down under the tree and pulled my legs close and began to cry.

My crying distracted me from the sound of footsteps coming closer and eventually stopping in front of me completely. Then a voice followed.

"Well well well. Look what we have here."