Chapter 20

I walked over to the wall that separated the two rooms, putting the side of my skull against it. I could slightly hear the sound of soft crying. I stepped back from the wall and back over to the old books. I put the stolen books under my pillow and covered the exposed books with a blanket before making my way out of my room and over to the door next to my room. I took a slight deep breath in and exhaled before knocking lightly on the door.

I was expecting a 'come in' but instead I got a "GO AWAY!!!"

I was taken aback a bit. The human has never yelled like that. Especially towards me. I glared at the door and even let out a slight growl. "Don't ever yell at me like that. And open this d*** door!" I ordered through the door.

"NO LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" she shouted back at me.

"If you do not open this door right now, I WILL knock it down and come in forcefully if I must." I growled at her, really, she is acting like a child, and I really hate children.

There was silence on her side. F*** you. I summoned up my tentacles and forcefully broke down the door. She started screaming and throwing stuff at me, I used what was left to block the items though. "Would you stop that!!! You're starting to get on my nerves!!" I yelled. But she didn't stop, she kept throwing things at me.

"That's it." I hissed before teleporting behind her, dropping the door before I teleported. Then I wrapped her in my tentacle and covered her mouth with my hand. "Shut. Up." I hissed at her with a glare. Her response was to glare back at me with her tear-stained face. Disgusting.

Wait, why was she crying?

My grip on her loosened a bit allowing her to wiggle her mouth loose but she was still being held up by my tentacles. "LET ME GO!! I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP!! I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S HELP!!!" she shouted. Is this seriously the same human from before? I noticed she was slipping a bit, so she didn't escape, but upon doing so made her hiss and mutter an 'ouch'. I didn't cause that. I wasn't holding her enough to make her go ouch so soon. Something else was up.

I pinned her to the ground. Arms and legs being held down by my tentacles, I grabbed onto her shirt and began to pull it up. The entire time she protested, screaming for me to let her go or not to do that. But I ignored her pleas. When I pulled up her shirt, I saw that her stomach area was wrapped up in a white bandage. I glared at her, "What is the meaning of this." I hissed out.

"Nothing!! Now let me go!!" She lied.

I let out a growl and unwrapped the bandage. Only to see that her entire stomach was covered in dark bruises. I just now noticed that other parts of her body other than her stomach and back were bruised as well. Like her arms, legs, even one on the side of her face that she was hiding from me. "Who." I growled. She only shut her mouth and eyes and turned her head away from me.

F*** you.

I glared at her, "Fine. If you won't tell me who did this, then you can go ahead and suffer. It's your choice, I'm not going to stop you." I said letting her go and walking out then back into my room. I kept quiet to hear her begin to cry again. I let out a sigh and sat in my bed, pulling out the old books I began to read.

Reading was the best way to drown out the outside world.

This is not what I need right now. I didn't think Nightmare would come after me like that. I didn't think he would even care.

But I guess when you cause a ruckus someone is bound to hear.

I continued to cry my eyes out.

I just want to disappear.

I don't want to exist.

I...

Just want to sleep...

Without further notice I fell asleep on the floor beside the broken door. The day had been so stressful that I guess it's finally taking a toll on me.

I don't know how long I was out, but I woke to the sound of my phone going off. I got up with a groan and grabbed my phone. I checked it only to see that I missed 12 calls and 30 texts from my mom, 6 calls and 14 texts from my dad. I checked the time to see that it was 5 pm.

S***!!!!!

I quickly got up and grabbed my things before running out the door and to my car. S*** I forgot about the markings on the car. I quickly but safely drove to a car wash where I got the ultra-wash because it was the fastest. Before driving quickly and safely home. When I pulled up I saw that my parents were just about to leave, but when they saw me pull up they stopped and ran to me with worried faces. "Imsososososorryilosttrackoftimeand-" I got stopped by my mom hugging me so tightly, like that this was the last time she was going to see or hug me.

"We've been worried sick sweetie, when your dad came home and didn't find you here he called me. We've been trying to get a hold of you for hours. Where have you been?" mom asked, sounding extremely worried. The look in her eyes showed that she was more worried than mad. I heard my dad come up to us and let out a sigh. At that moment all my tears came running out once more. "I'm sorry. I'm so-so sorry mommy, daddy." I cried out, practically reverting back to my childhood when I would cry out for mommy and daddy. I held tightly onto my mom. Not wanting to let go of her warm caring hold.

After a while of crying and warm hugs we slowly made our way back into the house where we all sat on the couch. "Sweetie. What is wrong? These last couple of days you haven't been acting like yourself lately. Please tell us what's wrong  and how we can help you." my mother softly pleaded to me. I looked down at my feet unsure of what to say, 'oh yeah mom its fine! I just have a walking talking skeleton in the old house that you guys don't know about and that those girls that I went with on Friday night, were actually my bullies that beat me up today at school.' Yeah right. They would pick up everything and make us move to safety. They are at least not ready to hear about Nightmare. If someone were to tell them and they came to me to verify I could just pass it off like the person who told them was lying. I let out a sigh, I needed to tell them something.

I relaxed my shoulders and told them the half-truth, "I got bullied today..." was all I said to them. I heard my mother gasp and my father say 'what.' in shock.

"I'm gonna call the school. They need to take responsibility for this." My father said, slightly angry.

"No! P-please. It's not the school's fault. It's mine..." I said looking at my dad with pleading eyes.

He let out a sigh, "Honey, this is NOT your fault. It's not your fault that you got bullied. It is the bullies who are at fault. Never let yourself believe that you are responsible for someone else's actions." My father said to me, my thoughts for some reason went back to Nightmare. He was bullied. But he ended up taking the blame and looking where that got him. I felt a hand on my hand when I looked up and saw my mother in front of me. "Sweetie. Let us call the school. We can take care of it." She said, I shook my head, "No. It will get worse if you two get involved." I said to them. They looked like they were giving up hope. But I easily restored it when I continued. "Which is why I'll do it. I'll go see the principal tomorrow and talk to him about it." Their smiles appeared back on their faces and they both agreed with my decision.

The rest of the night was us eating a nice dinner, nothing but smiles, forgetting all that had just occurred in the living room. Dad made my favorite meal while mom and I helped but mostly did chit chat. "And sweetie. I'm sorry we yelled at you the other day. We just got so worried is all." My mom said.

I smiled at her, "It's okay mom, I know and I'm sorry for not informing you guys when I got the chance." I told her.

After we were done with dinner, I went to take a shower before going off to bed.