Chapter 2

Jungkook wanted to know his name.

The cute boy who lived across the street from him, Jungkook wanted to know his name.

Not only that, but he also wanted to get to know him. Jungkook didn't know why, but after the day he saw him, he immediately took interest in him.

Two days passed and during those two days, Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about the boy. It was quite strange you could say.

Thinking about a stranger.

Taking interest in a stranger.

Today the boy was outside again, but this time he wasn't alone. He was with who Jungkook assumed to be his mother. The boy's head rested on the woman's lap as she stroked his hair with one hand and held a book in the other.

The boy's head would jerk to the side every once and a while and the woman would smile down at him, blowing a small kiss his way while saying something to him.

Jungkook smiled at the cute male and gave his attention to his phone. He didn't come outside to stare at the brunette, he came outside to get away from his noisy sister who was laughing as loud as ever with the new friend from next door.

The male ran his tatted hand through his hair and glanced to his left side, watching as his mother joined him outside.

The dark-haired woman sat on the swing bench next to her son, a loud sigh leaving her mouth.

"What are you doing?" She asked him.

Jungkook cleared his throat and shut his phone off, "I was reading..." he said softly.

The woman hummed and slowly nodded her head, "did you unpack all of your stuff?" Jungkook nodded his head and looked at his mother who gave him a small smile.

"You know...you should really be making some friends...we've been here a week now and you haven't left the house at all."

Jungkook chuckled and looked down, " friends aren't for me, I don't want any at the moment." he said, his eyes now focused on the boy who seemed to have fallen asleep on his mother's lap.

The woman frowned and looked at her son, "why do you say so, you had lots of friends in Busan?"

Another chuckle left the ravenette's mouth, "Back in Busan the popular girls were trying to un-gay and the guys wanted to use my sexuality to get girls, so if you call that having friends, then yeah... I had lots of those."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean by use your sexuality?"

"In their words since I'm gay, I need to go play friends with the girl or girls they liked and bring them around them so they could hook up or whatever."

The woman turned to her son, "why couldn't they get the girls themselves."

"I don't know and I don't care, I was fifteen and more focused on the boyfriend I had."

The woman gave her son a sad smile and placed her hand on his thigh, "you didn't tell me and your father about this, how come?"

Jungkook sighed and looked at his mother, "it wasn't important, I didn't do what they asked and plus, dad was doing chemo at the time."

The woman rested her head on her son's shoulder, "Still, you should've told me something, you didn't have to keep that to yourself."

"I know..."

The ravenette smiled, his eyes still focused on the boy who laid on his mother's lap, the woman running her fingers through his hair, the book now at her side, a small smile on her face as she looked down at the sleeping boy.

"I bet you that boy you've been eyeing this entire time wouldn't ask you to do something like that..." She said calmly.

An awkward laugh left Jungkook's mouth and he looked down at his lap, "I haven't been eyeing anyone," the woman chuckled and looked at her son.

"There's no need to lie, my little love bug," She said ruffling the boy's hair, "this isn't the first time I've seen you watching him, I saw you the day your sister dragged you outside."

Jungkook chuckled and rubbed his nape, "Oh..." he mumbled.

The woman smiled and shook her head, "do you know his name yet?" Jungkook shook his head.

She hummed and nodded her head, "I see..." she said, clearing her throat after.

"His name is Taehyung, Kim Taehyung..."

Jungkook looked at his mother, his green eyes wide and curious, "how do you know his name?" He asked her.

The woman clicked her tongue at the roof of her mouth, "I went to school with his mother, we were best friends, she's a year younger than me, I had your sister at 18, you at 19 and when he was born I would've been 20 you and your sister were ages 2 and 3 I believe, you two met him when he was a newborn but you won't remember, of course, you were too young."

The world really is a small place.

"Why did you two stop talking, you and his mum?"

"Your dad was diagnosed with cancer, and we moved back to Busan to be with family. The friends I had, I stopped talking to them, I had two young children and a sick boyfriend to take care of, it was a lot of work..."

Jungkook nodded his head and held his mother's hand, "can I go see dad tomorrow? It's been a while."

The woman smiled, "of course you can, no one's stopping you..." she said before kissing his cheek.

Jungkook smiled and watched as the woman got up from her seat," I'm gonna go make us something to eat..." she smiled and went inside.

The green-eyed male turned his head and looked up, taking in the information his mother just gave him.

From his father having cancer to the brunette's name.

His name was Taehyung.

"Kim Taehyung..."

Jungkook finally knew his name, and now, he wanted to know him.

-

Me: why isn't anyone reading ATC
Also me: because you aren't updating it you dumbass.

Anyways...here is an update. Hope you enjoyed it.

Thoughts?

On Jungkook's friend situation, him not wanting any friends?

On Jungkook's mother?

On Jungkook?

His dad has cancer...thoughts on that?

I can't decide between these two names for his mother. Chaewon Or Chaeyoung...Which one?

Sorry for any errors... smizies

ACROSS THE STREET || 𐤀जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें