Chapter 9

Doing a one eighty degrees turn, Jungkook stepped back into the patio, only to flinch when he heard an aggressive knocking against the window.

"Go! Right now Jungkook! Go talk to him! I'm not letting you back in until you do!"

Jungkook groaned and turned back around stepping back onto the lawn. He wanted to go talk to Taehyung but at the same time he didn't.

Stuffing his hands back into his pockets, Jungkook walked across the street and towards Taehyung.

"Hey!" Jungkook yelled just loud enough for Taehyung to hear him. The ravenette squinted his eyes and quickly walked towards the boy who positioned himself on his knees.

"Hey..." he said again, this time much softer.

Taehyung gave him a small smile and placed his book to the side, covering the container which had in sandwiches after.

"Hello," he said. Ruffling his curly brown hair after.

Jungkook cleared his throat, "uh...how are you?"

"I'm..." he paused for a while, "fine," he continued. His tone relaxed and soft. Jungkook smiled and stepped towards the brunette, noticing the slight jerk of his head.

"Can I sit with—"

"Taehyung, Sweetheart! Who are you talking to?"

Jungkook turned his head to the side and took a step back from Taehyung, allowing his gaze to fall on the brunettes mother.

"Ah...I knew that voice sounded familiar," she said stepping outside and walking towards them with a big smile on her face, not hesitating to wrap her arms around Jungkook and press a kiss against her son's temple.

"What are you doing here?" She asked nicely.

Jungkook ran his tongue along his bottom lip and gave her a small smile, "I just came to tell Taehyung Hi," the woman hummed and nodded her head before glancing at her son.

"Well, it's time for Taehyung to go inside. Would you like to stay for a while?" She asked while lacing her hand with her son's.

Jungkook smiled and nodded his head, "Yeah, sure. That sounds nice."

Nodding her head, the woman grabbed the book and the leftover sandwiches which were in the container before handing them to Taehyung and grabbing the mat.

Once they got inside, Seohyun placed the blanket in the chair and looked at Jungkook giving him a small smile, "would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you, I'm fine," the woman nodded her head.

"Tae, baby, go let Nana press your hair out, we have to leave soon," Jungkook watched as Taehyung nodded his head. His bright hazel eyed not once leaving his mother until he made his way upstairs.

Seohyun looked at Jungkook and smiled, "Come with me," Seohyun said, leading Jungkook to the kitchen.

The ravenette watched as the woman walked towards the fridge and pulled out a cake.

"Taehyung and I baked this last night.  We were going to give it to you after dinner tonight, but since you're here..." she trailed off, handing the cake to Jungkook after.

"You can take it home with you," Jungkook smiled and the woman.

"You said something about dinner tonight. What dinner?"

The woman bit at her bottom lip and placed the cups which laid on the counter before turning back to Jungkook, "I called this morning and asked your mum if you guys could join us for dinner tonight. Didn't she tell you?"

Jungkook chuckled and shook his head, "you said this morning, so no, I was sleeping and when I woke up she was gone," the woman smiled and gave his shoulder a pat.

"Well now you know," she said while running her hand through her hair.

"See you guys tonight at 7:30 alright. If anything comes up just call, okay?"

Jungkook nodded his head and pressed his lips into a thin line, "Yeah, okay. See you tonight," Jungkook paused and looked down at the cake.

"Thanks for the cake, tell Taehyung I say bye?"

The woman nodded her head, "sure. Take your time on your way home, don't drop the cake. Tell me how you like it when you guys come over tonight. Tae was really happy to bake it for you guys."

Jungkook gave the woman a small nod.

-

Opening the front door to his house, Jungkook kicked off his shoes and yelled for his father as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Dad where are you?!" He yelled again, just before hearing heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I'm right here kid, no need to yell."

Jungho made his way over to his son and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"So how was it? You weren't gone for very long"

"It was good. It went like, hey, hello, uh...how are you? Im fine, then his mum came, took us inside, sent him upstairs to get his hair done and then gave me a cake," Jungkook showed his father he cake as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Still better than watching him from your bedroom window though..."

Jungkook nodded his head and licked the icing from his thumb.

"I wish I could've spoken to him properly though."

Jungho let his arm fall to his side and yawned, "you can talk to him at dinner tonight."

"You knew about us being invited to dinner."

The elder man nodded his head and Jungkook gave him a light shove on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Jungho cleared his throat and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Well kid, right now your life consists of you waking up at 12pm and looking out your window to stare at a boy you hardly know."

Jungkook parted his lips to say something, but huffed and frowned instead while licking covering the cake.

"You need to leave me alone."

Jungho chuckled, "and you my friend need to stop staring at that boy from your bedroom window. It's giving me creepy stalker vibes."

Jungkook sighed and looked at his father.

"I hate when you're right."

The man smiled and ruffled his son's here.

-

I'll say this here and in the next chapter if I remember.

Taehyung's grandfather is black and his grandmother is Asian.

Taehyung's mother Is mixed and Taehyungs father is Asian.

Mixed Tae! (:

Sorry for any errors!