Chapter 40

*Daryl's POV*

I was almost to Woodbury when I heard a twig snap behind me. I turned aiming my flashlight and crossbow. I turned and seen Rick running up quietly with Maggie. Well obviously not quite enough because he snapped a twig. I looked at them.

"Thought you were waiting till morning."

"We love Skylar just as much as you do Daryl" Maggie said holding the gun that was strapped over her shoulder.

I turned and kept walking. I doubted that no one loved Skylar the way I did. My love for her was unconditional and I needed her back. Skylar was tough and it got you a long way but I wanted to always protect her. We walked and approached the walls of Woodbury hidden in the shadows.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

I weakly tried to fight off one of the governors men who came to have his way with me. I reached back throwing a punch to his face, he stumbled back shocked. He grabbed me and started dragging me across the concrete. I screamed in agony and humiliation. I watched to curl up in a whole and die. What more could they possibly do to me? Kill me end my suffering please! I screamed to myself. The door opened and in walked a shocked Andrea. She aimed a gun at the governors man and he held up his hands and backed out of the room and Andrea immediately ran to me.

"Oh my god Skylar"

She tried to lift me but everytime she tried I winced and cried out in pain. I landed back on the floor.

"Andrea just go get out of here. Leave me to die" I murmured weak.

"No, I have to get you out of here. I'm sorry I didn't know about the governor. Come on we need to go"

She tried once again to lift me.

"I'm not going to make it, Andrea just go."

It wasn't even worth trying. I prayed that the group would come for me. It hurt knowing they didn't. I was here beaten and raped and with no clothes. Just a bra and underwear nothing else.

"No she won't" a voice came.

Andrea looked and was face to face to the governor and a few of his men. They approached and I curled into a ball knowing it wouldn't protect me that's c when I heard Andrea struggle. The men were grabbing Andrea and carrying her away. The Governor went with them and left two men with me. Oh no!

"What should we do with her chad?" The dark haired man asked.

Chad the blonde haired man looked at him then me.

"I don't know Drew. How about we start with removing the rest of her clothes."

They started to come at me and suddenly and arrow was shot and something was thrown into the room making it fog up immediately. I coughed and felt an arm lock around me pulling me to my shaky feet. My legs were giving out and I couldn't see.

"Come on Skylar."

I knew that voice.

"Maggie" I said weakly.

"I got her" my legs were swept out from under me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Daryl's POV*

Rick came out holding Skylar. I didn't even recognize her she was bruised and bloody they nearly killed her. I needed to hold Skylar but after I took out the men who tried to rape her.

"I'm with you Daryl" Rick said.

Rick set her on her feet and almost immediately she fell but Maggie caught her.

'"I got her."

I seen the prices that tried to hurt Skylar even more than she already was. Two perfect one for both of us. I took one down and it was brawl. Grabbing a free arrow I stabbed him in the head and Rick ripped open the other man. I was so angry. Skylar was my girl and they had touched her. I stood up kicking the dead man body and Rick pulled me along with them. We had to get Skylar out. When we got back to her and Maggie she was unconscious I scoop her up.

"Let's go!"

And we all left Woodbury and headed back to the car Maggie and Rick caught up in.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Well they got Skylar out. Now some real vengeance is going to want to be taken out on the governor. What happened to Andrea?