Chapter 10

*Skylar's POV*

I walked into the tent and instantly pulled my boots off and layed on my cot. Daryl wasn't there, he'd been gone for a half hour but I was exhausted. Putting my hoodie on because it was chilly I layed down pulling the blanket over me drifting to sleep. A stirring woke me up I looked and seen Daryl shuffling around the tent getting ready to turn in. When he turned I pretended I was sleeping that's when the blanket lifted and Daryl slid onto my cot. That familiar earthy smile hit me and I smiled I loved that smell. Daryl wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

"Daryl" I mumbled in a sleepy voice. A hand stroked my hair.

"Right here, shh go back to sleep" he pressed a kiss to my shoulder and I groaned.

"Where have you been?"

"Out talking to Rick, go back to sleep baby"

He held me tighter. Pretty soon he was lightly snoring in my ear.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I was up before Daryl so I quietly slid off the cot got dressed and went outside. I said good morning and sat next to Dale on the of the RV.

"Hey Dale what's up?"

"Same old on watch for walkers"

I watched with him. Moving my hair from my eyes I sighed,

"So Dale you have any family?"

The reason I asked was because I never knew Dale to be much of a talker. And he never talked a his old life before all this. Dale leaned back in the chair as I sat at his feet.

"My wife I lost her to cancer. God I love d that woman so much she was a real fighter my gal. I miss her I spent the last few years so angry and feeling cheated. The illness took my wife from me" my heart sank and I looked at him.

"I'm so sorry Dale. Cancer took my Dad when I was ten. I was mad just like you still am from time to time. But in my family I was an outsider, I lost my brother when all this started. And my friend Andy-"

"He dead?" Dale asked.

"I don't know, haven't seen him since Atlanta and that was months ago" I explained to him.

Dale put a hand on my shoulder,

"Have faith he could be alive."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Rick's POV*

Skylar!"

I called for her she looked down from the RV and started to climb down she walked over to me. She looked well rested and glowing she was happy even with the world gone to hell she was happy.

"What's going on?"

"Want to help with the search for Sophia today?" I asked. Skylar nodded

"Yeah sure I'd love to help."

"The hell you will" a southern voice said.

We both turned to see Daryl walking towards us.

"Daryl" Skylar spoke.

"We can cover more ground with her helping" I explained.

Daryl adjusted his crossbow

"No she ain't going!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

"Yes I am"

I looked at Daryl. I wanted to help find Sophia it was important to Carol and I liked her. His dreamy blue eyes narrowed at me. Damn those eyes!

"The hell you are. You're not leaving this farm Skylar I mean it."

I looked to Rick and he gave us some privacy. This time I was going to get my way I wasn't a prisoner here.

"I'm going I want to help!"

I stepped closer and stretched to my full height.

"I said no!" Daryl yelled causing the rest of the camp to look at us. I pulled us away,

"Listen Dixon I'm going, you can't protect me every second of everyday."

Now I was aggravated no way I was staying. Daryl pressed up against me his forhead leaning down on mine.

"I can and I will" his voice got low and husky.

I put my hands on his strong muscular arms. Oh damn!

"Daryl look I know you want to protect me, but I want to help-"

That's when his lips smashed against mine. For a moment the world went slow the only thing that mattered was Daryl and I.

"Skylar-"

"Just because you kissed me doesn't change anything I'm still going"

His expression hardened and he walked away. I took hold of his arm but he shook me off walking into the woods.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Glenn's POV*

It had been a few days and I hadn't told anyone about the walkers in the barn besides Dale. Looking over at Maggie she was on the porch of her house shaking her head. Everyone was eating eggs around the fire Carol was cooking over I stood and took a deep breath.

"Um...guys the barns full of walkers"

That's when everyone looked at me with terrified and shocked eyes.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Well everyone knows that there's walkers in the barn.
Enjoy! :)