Chapter 21

*Daryl's POV*

I kissed Skylar as I moved on her. She clawed at my back and softly moaned my name. I growled with pleasure and kissed her neck as our breathing slowed. I layed my head on her bare chest and listened to her heartbeat slow as mine did.  I felt her fingers run through my hair and her nails on my scalp. I closed my eyes and let her just relax.  She was emotional and I let her talk to me and one thing led to another. Now here we were laying together in the guard tower.

"I love you Daryl" Skylar said still moving her fingers through my hair.

I leaned up kissing her lips.

"I love you too,  I always will."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

It was time to push into the prison and Rick chose me to help push in. And of course Daryl was against it but finally he agreed.

"You stay by my side you understand me?" He told me.

I could tell he meant it, I nodded. And we all pushed in with Rick killing walkers as we cleared out cell block C. The others had been killing walkers on the fence. I came out and motioned for them to come in with all of our stuff.

"Home sweet home" Glenn said walking in with stuff.

"For the time being" Rick told us.

Carol looked around the cell block.

"It's secure?"

"Yeah this cell block is" I told her.

"Tomorrow we'll find the cafeteria and infirmary'

I could see the look on satisfaction on his face. But I knew he was trying not to show it and I didn't know why.

"Will we sleep in the cells?" Beth asked.

"Found a set of keys on some guards Daryl's got a set too" He told us.

"I ain't sleepin in no cage, I'll take the perch"

I looked at Rick.

"Guess I'll be taking the perch too" I told Rick chuckling.

Rick smiled and put a hand on my shoulder.  I hugged him and went up to Daryl as I threw my hair up into a ponytail.  I seen Lori go up to Rick and  thank him but he just brushed her off. I sighed wishing he would fix things with her. She loved him and felt alone.  Even though I tried to help her the whole time we were on the road she was upset.  But Lori was also ready to pop any day now. Hershel had taught Maggie, Carol, and I what to do and how to help. I hoped everything would work out.  I sighed tired laying down be the to Daryl.  And he held me in his arms.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Rick's POV*

When the sun rose I was the first one to wake. I wanted to get started I waited for everyone to wake up. Skylar was the next one up. She fixed her hair putting it back into a ponytail and came down from the perch.

"Hey Rick"  she said leaning on the wall next to me.

"Hey"

"Thank you"

I looked at her confused.

"For?"

Skylar pushed her hair off her shoulder and scoffed. That was something she picked up from Daryl.

"For what? For all this, and taking me in. I'd probably be dead of you had turned me away so thank you really"

I put a hand on her shoulder.

"You're welcome"

"Can I talk to you about something else?" Skylar asked looking at me with seriousness.

I shrugged,

"Sure"

"You need to talk to Lori..."

"Skylar-" I began.

"No listen to me. Normally I wouldn't get involved but I'm just going to say this. She loves you and feels alone in this pregnancy. I know you're angry and you have every reason to be, but you can't do this to her.  You need to talk to her before it's too late. Trust me it's hard to fix something that's been broken for too long" she explained and walked away.

I took a moment to process what she had just told me. Maybe she was right?  I should talk to Lori,  after all she was my wife.  I noticed others were waking up it was time to get to work.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Daryl's POV*

We pushed into the other part of the prison.  I didn't want Skylar to come but she wasn't hearing it.  Stubborn woman. But damn did she look hot in what she was wearing. Her black hair was pulled into a high long silky black ponytail.  She wore jeans that made her ass look good and  a old ripped shirt.  It was me, Rick, Skylar, Hershel, TDog,  Maggie, and Glenn who pushed through. Glenn sprayed arrows on the wall as we came through so we didn't get lost. I kept a close eye on Skylar.  I noticed she did a lot of things like me the way I walked so silently she did the same. She glanced back and smiled looking away. We were all doing fine until we came to a pack of walkers.

"Go back!" I yelled and grabbed Skylar.

We got pushed into a tight space and I had Skylar up against the wall. Skylar ducked under my arms and crouched down with everyone. We had lost Glenn and Maggie.  They got separated somehow.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Skylar asked.

"I don't know we gotta go back" Rick said.

Hershel was the one to go out and we slowly came out all was silent until we heard him scream.

"Hershel!" Rick yelled.

"Daddy!"

That was Maggie's voice.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Oh no Hershel :0 stay tuned