Chapter 11

*Rick's POV*

"You can not tell me you're alright with this" Shane said walking towards me.

"No I'm not but we're guests here this isn't our land."

"This is our lives man!" Shane yelled.

The whole group was standing in front of the barn with us.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug" Andrea spoke.

My head  was spinning and everyone was talking all at once. Shane walked to me.

"We either got to go in there and make it right on we just gotta go"

"We can't go!" I told him.

"Why Rick why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there" Carol told us.

Skylar put her hand on her shoulder. Shane ran his hands across his face.

"Okay Carol I think it's time we all start to consider the other possibility" I looked at him.

"Shane we're not leaving Sophia behind" and I meant  it.

That's when Daryl stepped into the conversation.

"We're close to finding this girl I just found her damn doll two days ago."

Daryl was right it was the first good evidence we had on Sophia.  Shane sighed annoyed

"You found her doll you found a doll"

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about."  Daryl yelled walking closer. Skylar came closer to him.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said here you get a good lead with the first fourty eight hours" Shane explained.

"Alright" I said but was ignored.  Shane continued on.

"Let me tell you something else man if she was alive out there saw you comin' all methed out with your buck knife geek ears around your neck she'd run in the other direction!"

Daryl's eyes became angry I had to step in.

"Shut your mouth!" Daryl yelled going at Shane.

I stepped in and stopped Daryl. Skylar. Took hold of Daryl's arm he shook her off and kept coming. That's when the group tried to stop them.

"Shane! Calm down!" I yelled.

We finally got them to stop.

"Let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out"

"Man what do you gotta figure out?!" Shane yelled.

Lori put her hand on his chest to stop him.  I motioned towards the barn.

"If we're going to clear this barn I have to talk him into it this is his land" I said.

Obviously Shane wasn't understanding this was goin to be a tricky situation.

"Hershel sees those things in there as people sick people,  his wife his stepson." Dale explained to all of us. My eyes grew wide

"You knew?"

"Yesterday I talked to Hershel."

"And you waited the night" Shane said angry.

Dale cast a look at him,

"I thought we could survive one more night,  we did" he said.

"What are we going to do?" Skylar asked stepping forward and Daryl was right there next to her as soon as she moved.

Shane came close to me,

"This man is crazy Rick if Hershel thinks those things are alive or no!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Daryl's POV*

Everything had been crazy since everyone found out about the walkers in the barn. Shane was so worried and wanted it dealt with so he kept watch all the time. It seemed like everyone was giving up even Carol. I really wanted to find her daughter. It was important to me,  to the group.  I came from the woods and seen Skylar at a picnic table by herself writing something. Her back was to me but I seen the pencil in her hand. Walking up behind her I grabbed her around the waist and she jumped but relaxed when she realized it was me. Brushing her hair from her neck I placed a kiss to her shoulder.

"I'm sorry about the other day" She put down her pencil .

"It's okay Daryl. You made your point I'm not going to help with the search" she said.

My arms tightened and I layed my chin on her shoulder.  She was drawing in a sketchbook whatever she was drawing it was good.

"Sky it's just because I want you safe. It's not be an ass. I want to keep you alive baby please understand that."

Skylar had made me feel a certain way no one ever did. She meant the world to me,  hell she was my world now. I wanted to keep her breathing.  She wasn't just some girl she was my girl.  I think I'm falling in love with her! Screw that I had already gone splat on the pavement.

"I understand but I don't want to act like a housewife I'm a fighter Daryl.  I was alone for eight months I'm capable of protecting myself."

I sighed and buried my face in her neck. She smelled so good like strawberries she recently showered.

"Skylar no...please stop."

I didn't want to think about her being alone. Skylar looked back and gazed into my eyes.

"Can you do something for me?"

"Anything" I told her.

She smiled and bit her bottom lip.

"Teach me to shoot a crossbow" I chuckled and kissed her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Here's chapter 11 not all that much to report but hope you enjoy
Stay tuned :)