Chapter 46

*Skylar's POV*

My heart was racing and my blood was pumping I was going to snap.Jesse that asshole I thought he was out of my life forever. Now he was here! Ugh I shook the bars of one of the cells losing my mind. Why? Why me? Come on, Maggie came in and followed me.

"Skylar" she said walking up behind me.

"What?" I snapped turning around.

"Calm down" Maggie told me.

My eyes went wide. Was she kidding? She was outside she seen what happened. I honestly would have killed Jesse if I wasn't stopped.

"Are you serious? That man ruined my life. And the man I love just brought him back here!"

Maggie sighed,

"I know but Daryl didn't know. You can't be mad at that."

In a way she was right but everything was so messed up. I couldn't deal with this.

"I know but I-I..."

I burst into tears and Maggie rushed over to me and hugged me and I cried holding onto her. Her grip tightened as I bawled harder and she didn't say a word she just let me cry.

"Sky you okay?" I heard Glenn's voice ask but Maggie waved him away and went back to hugging me.

"Shh it's okay. We won't let him hurt you anymore"

She pulled away and put her hands on the sides of my face and looked into my eyes.

"You know that. Daryl will make sure of it."

"Daryl was the one that brought him back" I sobbed. "Everything between us was good and now..."

"Daryl's a good man Skylar. He loves you, you know that"

We went and sat in the nearest cell and I spilled everything that happened with Jesse years ago.

----------------------------------------------------

*Rick's POV*

Jesse woke up and I yanked him up from the ground and took him by the shirt and searched him for weapons all he had was a knife. Daryl stared him down probably hating his guts just like me. What had happened with Skylar?

"Ow..that's some right hook she's got" Jesse mumbled rubbing his face.

Daryl glared at him,

"You stay away from her." He growled.

"It was a long time ago man."

"Doesn't matter you still did it, I don't want to see you anywhere near her. If she wants to speak to you she will" I told him and we brought him into the prison locking him up where Merle had been.

I scanned for Skylar and she was sitting on the stairs with Maggie. They weren't talking she was just looking down.

"Skylar can I talk to you for a second?" I asked.

She looked up and came down the stairs glaring at Daryl and then following me.

"I know that this is going to be tough-"

"I don't want him here Rick" I whispered.

"You'll be okay. Listen he hasn't laid any harm to you in years. But listen to me, we will make sure that he doesn't hurt you."

"This isn't fair" she said sitting down. "I thought he was out of my life forever. Now things are messed up with Daryl and I and Jesse is just an asshole and I want him to leave. But Daryl-he brought him back."

I ran my hand through her hair and sighed.

"Yes but what you have to remember is he didn't know. Daryl feel awful for what happened. Skylar he loves you, you know that right?" I asked.

Skylar shook her head and rubbed her arm.

"Believe me I know. He asked me to marry him"

"He did?" I asked,

"Yeah" she told me and I hugged her.

------------------------------------------------

*Daryl's POV*

I sat on the perch as Skylar talked to Rick in a cell and when she came out I stood up to go over to her and she retreated the other way. I ran and grabbed her arm,

"Skylar please wait, please" I begged and I turned her to face me.

She looked at me as I held her arms so she couldn't move her hands and she had no choice but to look at me.

"What?"

"I'm sorry I'm seriously sorry. I didn't know and I should've, what can I do to help? Please tell me I love you please tell me what I can do" I leaned my forehead against hers and she didn't move away.

"Daryl...I just don't think-"

"No you aren't leaving me are you?" I asked my heart suddenly hurting.

"No I'm not I just don't know how to deal with this anymore. I thought he was gone and I don't want you to see me reliving my trama."

I ran a hand through her hair and kissed her forehead.

"You won't baby. I won't let him hurt you. You've been holding onto hate for so long. I know this isn't easy for you. But everyone is here for you I swear."

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorrry my updates have been taking so long. I love you my readers