Chapter 41

*Daryl's POV*

We were in the back seat of the car. And the love of my life was wrapped up in a blanket to hide her almost naked body and asleep against the window. I hated what happened to her. She was beaten and taken advantage of and I was there to save her sooner. I bet she called for me hoping I would show up. Skylar was all bruised..everywhere. I needed to get her to Hershel and she needed to be okay. I love her so much.

"Mmm"

She stirred and opened her eyes squinting from the pain or the morning sun pricking her eyes. Skylar's gorgeous green eyes were surrounded by bruises. The Governor was dead the next time I seen him. No one lays a hand on Skylar and gets away with it. I nearly killed Shane for what he did to her, imagine how I felt about the governor and his men. Maggie was up front with Rick and I was in the backseat with Skylar. I moved closer to her, she didn't even stir she didn't even acknowledge I was there. All she did was gaze out the window.

"Skylar" I said.

Very slowly her head moved so she could look at me. I almost winced under her gaze. Black eyes, bruises and cuts on her face, a split lip. Skylar didn't say anything she just looked at me and I couldn't figure out her expression. Usually I can read her like a book and this isn't one of those times. I reached over and gently pulled her close to me and it hurt that she winced in pain when I did it. Gently I held her and soon she was sleeping again.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

When we got back to the prison I was the one to carry Skylar through the door still wrapped up in the blanket. Her black hair falling over my forearm and in her eyes. Rick quickly followed as did Maggie opening the door for me. I walked through

"Hershel, we need you" Rick said poking his head into the cell block. Soon everyone was walking in.

"Oh my god" Carol said as she seen me laying Skylar down keeping her covered.

"She's not dead is she?" Carl asked.

I did pay any attention to them I only cared about was Skylar at the moment.

"No Carl she's going to be fine" Rick told him putting a hand on his shoulder.

"This is what the governor does to the people he doesn't like, he hurts someone they care about. I'm sorry this happened to her" came Merle's southern voice.

It even shocked me that he said anything though I didn't look at him I heard the sincereness in his voice. He's my brother I know him. I felt a hand come down on my shoulder and seen it was Hershel he looked genuinely upset at the situation as he looked at Skylar then me.

"Daryl..I'm going to need room" he told me.

And as heartbreaking as it was I pulled myself from her side letting Hershel tend to her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

I woke up shooting up hissing in pain.

"Skylar calm down you're okay. You're safe" Hershel's voice soothed me.

I was back at the prison my home where I belonged not down in some torturous room in Woodbury. I rubbed my head and groaned.

"Ow...I hurt so much" I tell Hershel.

"I know"

I stay completely still hissing in pain when a sensitive area is touched. After what feels like hours Hershel is done. I layed down just looking at Hershel.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I shook my head tears welling up in my eyes.

"There's nothing to say"

I turn on my side and put my back to him and I hear him shuffle out.

"Thank you Hershel" I said.

I layed on my side and just had horrific flashbacks of what happened and I let it all out and just cried all I could do was cry. Why me? Why? What was going to happen to me? I wanted to take a knife to the governors throat and watch him bleed out. I hated him I completely hated him.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆▪
Sorry this was uneventful and not that long. But enjoy.