Chapter 26

*Rick's POV*

I made it perfectly clear that the prisoners either live in their cell block or they hit the road. And they said they didn't want to live in the cell block it was people they knew and they didn't have time to burn the bodies. Walkers kept piling up and they couldn't do it. The only one that was against sending the prisoners was TDog.

"You serious you want them living in the cell next to you? You want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?"  I asked.

"I never stopped.  Bring them into the fold, if we send them off we might as well execute them ourselves."

I sighed. 

"It's just been us for so long. It suddenly feels weird having other people around" Maggie told us.

"I agree with Maggie" Skylar told me looking serious. 

Daryl held her against his side as if to protect her.

"You took us in" TDog said.

"You showed up with a shot boy in your arms you didn't give us a choice" Maggie reminded him.

She was right I didn't give them a chance my son had been shot all I wanted was help for him.

"There convicts bottom line"

"I get guys like this. Hell I grew up with em, they degenerates but they ain't phyco's.  I could easily been in there as easily as I'm out here with you guys" Daryl told us.

TDog looked at him.

"So you with me?"

"Hell no. Let them take their chances out on the road just like we did."

I ran a hand in my hair and looked at TDog.

"When I was a rookie I arrested this kid. Wanted for stabbing his girlfriend. Kid blubbered like a baby during the interigation during the trial. Suckered the jury. Then two weeks later shot another girl" I explained. 

I seen Skylar whisper to Daryl and he grunted kissing her forhead.

"Our deal with them stands"

And with that I walked off.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A few days later

*Skylar's POV*

Hershel woke up it was finally nice to see him awake. I got him crutches and we all got him off the bunk.

"Couldn't stand looking at the top of that bunk anymore" he grumbled. 

I was on Hershel's side making sure he didn't fall and get hurt we got out of the cell.

"That's a good start you wanna take a rest?" Lori asked.

Hershel looked at her.

"Rest let's go for a little stroll."

Lori, Carl, Maggie, Beth and I all went with Hershel outside.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Ready to race Hershel?" Carl asked with a smile.

"You give me another day I'll take you on"

I chuckled and nudged Carl's shoulder.

"I'll take you on"

I smiled Carl grinned.

"Oh yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah"

Looking at Lori, Maggie, Beth I asked.

"You guys okay for a minute?"

They nodded.

"Alright get ready to lose" Carl laughed.

I looked at him and grinned.

"In your dreams boy. Ready, set,  go!"

We took off running to the fence and then back and I jumped and danced in victory.  And Carl chuckled and hugged me. Hershel grinned and looked around.

"This is finally looking like a place we can live."

We all looked to see Rick, Glenn, and Daryl. Glenn cheered for Hershel and Lori smiled at Rick and my eyes locked on Daryl who looked so irresistible. We were all smiling then Carl screamed.

"Walkers!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I started shooting and looked at Maggie and she lead Carl and Lori into the prison.  I heard Rick yelling along with Daryl and Glenn. Hershel went with Beth and I was shooting with TDog and Carol.

"That gate is open!" TDog said shooting. 

""Skylar!" I heard Daryl yell.

I ran to close the gate and was pushed down to the ground by TDog and he was bit.

"NO!!" Carol screamed. 

I was on the ground dazed and then TDog helped me up.

"Carol!" I yelled and she followed TDog and I in one of the doors.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Daryl's POV*

We started shooting the walkers one by one and I was worried. Where the hell was Skylar? Damnit.

"Where's Lori and the others?" Rick asked Hershel who stood with Beth safe behind a gate.

"Maggie lead Lori and Carl into the cell block"

"And T was bit" Beth said.

"Anyone else?"

"I couldn't tell"

Rick nodded.

"Stay put."

Suddenly alarms started blaring and walkers started coming from the woods. Rick and I shot the speakers and the alarms still sounded and the prisoners came walking up. Rick walked up to them pointing the gun.

"How can this be happening?!' Rick asked.

"Whoa whoa whoa it has to be the back up generators" Oscar told him.

"How did we turn those on?"

"They're connected to a diesel tank. They were shut off when the prison was over run" Oscar explained.

Rick was frantic as was I. I was pleading in my mind that Skylar wasn't dead if she was I had nothing left. I loved her so much.

"Can someone open up the gates electronically with full power?!" Rick asked.

"I only worked there a few days. I guess it may be possible"

"Come with us!"

Rick and I took off with Oscar and Glenn went Axel.

"Whoever gets the generators first shut em down!!!!!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Uh oh. Stay tuned to find out what happens.  Poor TDog. What will Carol and Skylar do?