Chapter 8

*Daryl's POV*

I was walking with Skylar fighting the urge to hold her hand.  Damnit,  why did she have to make me feel different? We were quite for several more minutes. All I was doing was looking at her. Her face was so damn beautiful in the moonlight minus her black eye.  It irked me that the son of a bitch had hit her marking her beautiful face. Skylar didn't seem to care but I did. Such beauty shouldn't be harmed. Skylar seemed so delicate and innocent. Sept that punch she layed on Shane,  that was nice. My girl? Why did I think that? Was she mine or did I just want her to be? Damnit!  Daryl you don't have feelings stop!

"You're so quiet" Skylar spoke breaking the silence. I cleared my throat

"Your hair is shorter." And I was right it was a few inches shorter.

"Lori cut it for me earlier"

She ran her hand through it and smiled. Such a pretty smile. Everything about Skylar was amazing and beautiful.

"I like it, let's sit" I said touching her arm to stop her. We sat and I layed my crossbow on the ground next to me. This was it.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"So what did want to talk about?" She asked catching me off guard. She looked at me and my eyes met hers.

"What?"

"Daryl, I know you want to talk about something so out with it."

She layed back in the grass and looked up at the stars. I was silent for a few moments then finally keeping my eyes ahead I asked.

"Are you sure he didn't - you know?"

"No Daryl he didn't"

She sat up and I looked into her green eyes. I felt so awful how could I have not been there?

"I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner. I'm sorry that he hit you" my apologies were sincere.

It was never okay for a woman to have okay for a woman to have to fear a man. He should never hit a woman. Skylar moved her bangs from her eyes with her hand, that's when I seen her wrists. Scars, lots of scars on both of them.

"Look it's okay I swear, wouldn't we be the first time a man hit me." This shocked me, who else?

"What do you mean?" I asked completely interested.

Skylar has been treated badly in her past, I wanted to pick up the pieces but how? Taking a deep breath,

"It was a long time ago. I was seventeen I had a boyfriend Jesse he was sweet, nice, nineteen older than me...typical seventeen year old I thought it was love. But one day we got in a fight probably over something stupid. I wouldn't let him leave. At this time I..." her voice trailed off,  this must really have hurt her.

"Skylar you d-" I began to say but she held up her hand to stop me.

"At this time I...I was six months pregnant with my daughter. We argued and he punched me in the gut then the face and just wouldn't stop." Skylar wiped an eye she was crying. I put my hand on her shoulder. "I miscarried about a week after. But I stayed with Jesse he'd promise it would never happen again. But it kept occurring then that's when I got fed up and left him. He's in jail or was."

My heart went out to her, I felt so bad without thinking I pulled her into my lap and held her close to me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Skylar's POV*

I just opened up to Daryl. The only person I opened up to tended to be Andy because he understood. Usually I never opened up to anyone ever. Daryl's strong arms held me tighter I leaned back into him closing my eyes. The feeling of his arms around me was so intoxicating I could stay like this forever.  His hold I loved it so much. Suddenly he layed his head on mine realizing a hand from around me and stroking my hair. I smiled he was playing with my hair awww. We sat silently just enjoying the feeling of being together.

"Skylar can I ask somethin'?" His gruff voice mumbled into my hair. My heart suddenly skipped a beat.

"Anything?"

"Um...those scars on your wrists. What are they from?" I faced him sitting on my knees my eyes went to my wrists. He noticed them, should've seen that coming.

"You really wanna know?" I asked.

His blue eyes pierced into mine. Like he was looking into my soul and it burned to my very core,  in the best way. He nodded

"Yeah."

I ran a hand through my hair pushing it from my eyes.

"Me, all of them. After my daughter that's when I started.  I was depressed and hurting all over, somehow a knife to my wrists helped  my pain. I am a recovering self harmer."

I looked at Daryl he touched my thigh for comfort I seen it in his eyes  I held out my wrists  and showed him.

"Skylar"

"These ones here" I showed him the deepest cuts where the skin was more darkly scarred. "They're from many failed attempted suicides,  before the world went to hell."

"You tried to kill yourself?" Daryl asked I heard the concern in his voice.

"Yes, and now...now they're just ugly scars"

Suddenly Daryl grabbed my wrist looked at it for a moment and brought it to his lips kissing my scars.

"I still think you're beautiful"

My heart jumped from my chest. Did he really just say that?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Daryl's POV*

"I still think you're beautiful" I told her as I layed kisses upon her scars.  And I meant what I said she was beautiful and I cared so deeply for her. I don't think she knew the how unbelievably gorgeous she was. I think I loved her, but wasn't sure. Lifting my head I took her hand then looked away and back at her. Skylar looked at me confused,

"What?"

Damn! How do I say this? God dammit having feelings suck.

"I don't really know how this goes. I ain't good at this, but Skylar I've liked you for a while. You make me feel different I ain't sure how you do it but you do. I really like you" I told her.

Her mouth curved into a smile that warmed my frozen heart.

"I really like you too Daryl Dixon."

She chuckled but I knew she meant it. I broke out in a full grin pulled her into me shoved my hands into her hair and layed my lips  on hers. First time I kissed a woman and it actually meant something. Not a random chick I met at the bar with Merle. Gently I pushed Skylar to the ground and got on her and just kissed her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Awww Daryl finally told Skylar how he feels about her which wasn't easy for him. Stay tuned for what happens along the way :)
Enjoy!