Loki - Nightmares

About: You have a reoccuring nightmare and Loki always comforts you afterward. This time he had had enough and tells you, but when your nightmare strikes again, he can't bare to see you upset. 

It usual happened around two in the morning. 

You woke up sweating and panting at you reoccuring nightmare. Blinking rapidly and staring around in the dark room you bit your lip. A hot tear ran down your cheek, eyes bloodshot. A shaky breath rolled over your lips as you hesitantly reached for your nightlight, switching it on. 

You flinched at the menacing shadows casted upon the furniture. 

Carefully, as if the danger out of your nightmare was lurking from the shadows, you threw the sheets back, swung your legs over the edge of the bed and went straight for the door, opening it and shutting it behind you. 

A chill ran down your spine as the wind blew through the creaks of the window against your bare skin. The hem of your pyjama trousers swished around your feet as you scambled to the door across from yours. 

Your haven. 

With a soft knock you entered and shut the door behind you. The silhouette in the bed slowly rised, but only a bit. Just enough so he could see you standing in front of the door. He sighed and patted the spot next to him. 

You then meandered over to him, and sat down next to him as he laid down again, one hand tucked behind his neck, the other one resting on his lower stomach. 

"Nightmare?" His voice sounded husky, that was because you woke him up in the middle of the night, for the thirteenth time this month. But you couldnt help it. After one of those nightmares, you just couldn't get to sleep by yourself. 

You almost didn't catch his question, but you nodded anyway. You let yourself sink into the pillow next to him. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked again, but as always, you shook your head. He sighed in defeat and rolled over to his side, wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you closer. He squinted in the dark, trying to see your tear-stained face, his long, dark curls falling over the sharp features of his face. "Try to sleep for a bit. Okay?" he spoke lowly, rubbing up and down your back. 

"Okay, thank you, Loki," you whispered as you grasped his pyjama vest. 

It happened quite often, nights like that. He usually didn't mind it, but one day his mood just changed. 

It was an early morning for the Avengers and Loki. They would leave on a mission soon and they needed a good breakfast. Both of you had dark circles under your eyes. Once again, you had woke him up during the night. 

Now, he was glaring at his slice of bread, smearing nutella on it like he would like to stab the food, imagining it to be someone. 

"What a lovely day it is, isn't it, brother?" Thor boomed with his mouth full of cereal. "Nice and sunny. Perfect day for a mission." He knocked over his glass of milk, eyes wide and full of fear when he looked up at Tony. "Whoops." 

Stark rolled his eyes. 

"What's wrong, Mischief?" asked Tony, chewing on his orange. "You seem irritated." Loki violently bit a piece of his bread. 

"Do I?" he snarled. You bit your lip. 

"What's wrong?" you questioned him, wanting to comfort him like he did to you last night. He glared down at you. 

"Oh, yes, you should be the person asking that." Your eyes widened, not knowing where that came from. He must've seen  the surprise on your face, because he opened his mouth. "Keeping me up at night. And for what? For a stupid nightmare?"