Loki - Training

About: you are about to join the Avengers, but before you get to be part of their team, you have to pass an exam. Loki is by your side once you take the exam and when you fail, he will train you to pass it and that takes a turn. 

All the Avengers sat around the kitchen table, including you and two Asgardians. They all smiled at you, excited from the news you just received. 

"Welcome to the team, Y/N," Tony said to you while flashing you a wink. You tried to keep the grin off your face, but an enthusiastic chuckle left your lips. 

"You're an Avenger!" Thor cheered as he took a bite of his Poptart. Tony smiled proudly at you, almost like a father. 

"You can't go on missions with us yet," Natasha reminded you. You nodded in understanding. "You have to pass our fitness exam first, but I reckon that shouldn't be a problem." She wrapped an arm around you and ruffled your hair. 

"Alright, who's going to take care of her and that exam?" Tony asked, looking around the table and eyeing everyone. Clint shook his head. 

"Sorry, family dinner today," he muttered, taking Thor's Poptart and taking a bite before handing it back to him. Thor then looked at his brother Loki, who sat on a chair with his shoulders slumped in boredom. 

"Loki can do it," Thor proposed, unnecessaryly pointing at him. "He's good at observing people." Tony considered his words, before nodding in agreement. 

"He doens't do anything else anyway other than observing people. What do you say, Mischief?" Loki sputtered, then caught your gaze. You squirmed in your seat under his icy glare and were relieved when he threw it at Tony. 

"What if she doesn't pass?" he inquired, his grip around his coffee mug tightening. Tony shrugged and stared at Natasha for answers. She grinned. 

"Then you'll get to train her until she passes that exam," she said with a honeyed voice. You gulped as you looked at Loki, who looked as if he wanted to stab you every second of this coversation, over and over again. To your surprise, he leaned back in his seat with a smirk. 

"Fine, what do I get in return?" All of the Avengers rolled their eyes and Thor glared at his little brother. 

"Our respect," Pietro said with a smile. Loki huffed, but agreed anyway. 

The next hour you were on a grass field, you could think of it as Tony's backyard like he told you. Loki stood with his back to you, fiddling with clipboard, some important looking papers and a stopwatch. You hopped towards him in your yoga trousers and a sportsbra, excited that this was the big moment before you got to join the Avengers on a big mission Natasha told you about earlier. The adrenaline rushed through your body like a wildfire. You were so ready to get this exam over with. 

"Hi, my fellow Avenger," you chirped as you jumped into his sight. His face scrunched up in disgust. 

"Shut up, mortal. You didn't make the team yet," he mumbled as he scribbled something down on the papers. Your smile vanished and you shifted awkwardly from one foot to another until his gaze settled upon you. "One lap around this field in less than three minutes and you're one of us, I guess." He sounded disintrested, but you filled with excitement. Three minutes? You looked around the field. This was almost to easy to be true. 

"When do I start?" you asked him, looking up at him with big eyes and a huge smile. He smirked down at you. 

"Ten seconds ago." The smile around your lips disappeared and you darted away from him, starting your run, frown deepening as you thought that through. It was a false start. If that was the cause for you not passing the exam, you would definitely put the blame on yourself for not paying attention.