OO4. HAPPY MEAL FOR HIM

CHAPTER FOUR.
❝ HAPPY MEAL FOR HIM. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You're oddly quiet."

Sapnap and George eyed the girl who was sitting in the back, hand being gripped by Dolores who was slightly shaking with fear. Daniela looked at the two men and made eye contact with them, showing no sign of fear or anything. She hid her emotions very well that George, who could easily read a person, could not figure out what she was feeling in that moment.

"Hmm," Daniel hummed, "what am I supposed to be saying? Do you want me to sing? I can sing very loudly. Just put me some music on and I'll sing my heart out."

Since there was music playing, Daniel took a deep breath in. Just as she was about to sing, Sapnap covered her mouth, chuckling under his breath as he shook his head.

"You're funny," he commented. "I like you."

"Thank you?" Daniela let out, voice muffled since Sapnap's palm was still covering her mouth. Sapnap snorted and dropped his hand, turning to look at George.

"Did you tell Dream we got her?"

"He's not happy," George winced as he read the message of his friend. "He knew he had a daughter but didn't expect her to be given to us. He said he regrets it now."

"So does that mean I get to go home?" Daniela asked, having heard the conversation since the two were speaking loud in the packed car. The two men turned to look at her and gave her a look. "That's a no, I'm guessing... Anyway, can we buy food?"

"No."

"Please, I'll pay," Daniela spoke, taking out her wallet and getting out a card. "My treat."

Quickly convinced, Sapnap quickly instructed the driver to make a quick stop. As they stopped at a McDonald's, Sapnap had realized that no one had eaten anything since the day before. Had Dream eaten anything? Knowing his friend, Sapnap shook his head, remembering to scold him for not taking care of himself, and grabbed him a happy meal. Has Dream ever even eaten fast food? Sapnap forgot, but he just shrugged and got the meal.

"How are you not full?" George asked as he eyed the girl who was passing her maid a bag of food that she didn't ask for out loud but yearned. Daniela always knew her just like she knew her, too. "You ate a plate of food."

"I have a big appetite," Daniela answered. "My mom used to always say it was because of my height."

"What height?"

"You're short."

"Considering that I'm taller than both of you combined," Sapnap immediately looked at Daniela, a look of confusion crossing his face, "I suggest you don't try to make fun of my height."

George and Sapnap looked at each other almost comically, knowing that she was right. She did tower over them a bit. Just a bit. A bit. Not a lot.

"You look scared," Sapnap trailed his eyes towards the older woman beside Daniela who was barely eating. "Are you scared? Because you do look like it."

"No le quiero hablar," Dolores spoke, glancing at Daniel who smiled in a comforting manner, thumb rubbing against her skin to soothe the woman. ( translation: I don't want to talk to him. )

"She doesn't want to speak of you," Daniela spoke in a soft tone, not wanting to scare her mother figure anymore. "She'll talk to you when she wants to."

"She spoke to you when she was in your room!" Sapnap exclaimed. Daniela glared at him at seeing the way Dolores jumped at his words. "Crap... Sorry."

"She'll speak to you when she wants to," Daniela repeated. "Give her time. She's not overly fond of... Dream."

"Why?"

"Because," Daniela sighed and looked at Dolores who gave her a nod, "Dolores was in the crowd of people when Dream shot at people. She wasn't alone, though, she had her husband and teenaged son. They... They didn't make it."

"Oh..." Sapnap simply said, remembering how there once was a time in his friend's life where he couldn't contain his anger. A time where anybody that didn't make a deal with him was shot no matter the place or time. "That's... understandable. Take your time."

Dolores nodded and Daniela relaxed in her seat, eating her chicken nuggets while eating her fries. She passed the fries to Dolores who gingerly took one and bit it, her fingers slightly shaking when a house came to appear.

"We're here," George spoke, getting out of the car once it stopped in front of the house. Daniela looked up at the house with shock as she got out with the help of George, who snorted at her expression. "Surprised?"

"Very."

"But you have a house as big as this one?" George said in a questioning tone, watching her as she looked at him.

"I didn't always live in that house," Daniela snickered before Sapnap called for her and Dolores as soon as he opened the front door. He tilted his head to the side, letting her know to go inside.

She went in and George stared after her, confused, trying to process her words. Daniela didn't notice the expression on his face, hesitantly heading inside the empty home. She looked around and saw two guards by the door, another by a room, and... the whole house in general was surrounded by men in black suits.

"Come here," Sapnap walked away, Daniela and Dolores following after him. Daniela played with her fingers, taking in the smallest details of the house. She eyed the plants on a table before the door opened and in was she greeted with a man with a plain Black suit, a black face mask on, countless of rings on his scarred hands, and messy blonde hair that was clearly ruined because he had been running his hand through it.

"Dream?" George called out, gesturing for a guard to close the door. The guard did so and Dream looked up from the pile of papers he was staring at. His eyes immediately fell on the girl awkwardly standing and Sapnap took a step forward, making him avert his gaze to him.

Sapnap raised the box.

"I got you a happy meal! Oh, I also got Ivan's daughter..."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Clearly not. You're fucking seeing them."

"Shut up, Sapnap."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I have so many ideas 😮‍💨😮‍💨
I'm so excited for everyone
to read them!

❤️