OO7. HER HUNGER AT 3:40 AM

CHAPTER  SEVEN.
❝ HER HUNGER AT 3:40 AM. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You know, the bed is very comfortable."

Daniela ran her hands on the bed, smiling as she shut her eyes, enjoying the warmth. Dolores stood in front of her, not used to not doing anything as she had finished doing what she naturally did; she already put away the clothes and made sure Daniela was fed, which made the girl want to cower away since she didn't need to be fed. She can make herself some snacks or something to eat in general.

"I wonder why Dream wears the mask," Daniela thought out loud, eyes opening as she thought about the man's face in her head.

"He has a scar," the girl looked at the older woman. "Everybody here knows that Dream doesn't show his face because of a scar he received when he was fighting with someone. No one knows who, though."

"He's scary," Daniela admitted. "He scares me a bit—"

"No! No! Look! I'm sorry!"

Daniela stood up from the bed and looked at Dolores, a frown on her face. She looked at the door and since she was afraid someone was hurt, she headed towards said door rather quickly to see what the commotion was. She placed her hands over the railings of the stairs once she made it out, watching as a man got pushed by three individuals wearing white as if they were doctors. She later eyed Dream who was fixing his sleeves, shaking his head, having not noticed her, thankfully.

Noticing that she would be easy to spot on, she headed inside the room as quickly as she came out, and closed the door as softly as she could as to not alert the man in the bottom.

"What was it?" Dolores hurried to the girl, leading her to the bed.

Not wanting to worry her, Daniela faked a smile, shaking her head. She walked towards the bed and looked at Dolores. "It was nothing. Sapnap was apologizing to George. Might've pranked him."

"I got scared there," Dolores breathed out, a chuckle escaping her lips. "But, it's getting late, Dani. You need some sleep."

"As long as you sleep, too," Daniela have her a strict look that had the woman laugh silently, finding her adorable. "I'm being serious, Dolores. I'm fine but you need to rest. The days are going by too quickly that I'm starting to believe I'm going to die tomorrow."

"Don't say that, you child," Dolores slapped her leg and Daniela snorted, watching with satisfaction as she nodded. "Alright, remember I'm next door if you need anything, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," Daniela saluted, a sheepish smile on her lips as she got comfortable in the bed. Dolores rolled her eyes before murmuring a "good night" under her breath, turning to leave. She headed towards the pathway that connected her room to the girl's, and Daniela watched the woman disappeared, her eyes adjusting to the now darkness invading her room.

Waiting and waiting, Daniela puffed her cheeks, stomach burning. As she heard Dolores's loud snores from the opened door, her stomach grumbled out of hunger, alerting her that, obviously, she was hungry.

Daniela scrunched her face up out of irritation, hesitating to head down to the kitchen. She didn't even know where the kitchen was now that she noticed and thought about it, but, she's hungry so she doesn't really care.

Glancing at her phone, Daniela eyed the "3:41 AM," alerting her that she had been in bed for two hours, hungry. The only thought in her head was ramen. Hmm, maybe there would be some ramen in the kitchen...

Slowly getting out of bed, Daniela headed towards the door and opened it as slowly as she could like she had done a couple of hours ago. She walked downstairs and looked around in the middle of the room she was in, eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey, you," she called out to a guard nearby. She walked towards him in order to keep a hushed voice, an innocent smile now spread on her lips, "where's the kitchen?"

The guard sighed and looked at his partner, giving him a curt nod before leading the girl towards the place she wanted to be in. "You know, a normal person is supposed to be asleep at this time and not be scurrying around asking for the kitchen."

"Listen, dude," Daniela huffed, "I'm hungry so you better lead the way before I start getting irritated and next thing you know, you'll end up with a broken nose."

"Hmm," the guard simply hummed before pushing a door opened and letting her go in. Daniela walked in and saw a woman and a man talking to each other. "Mr. Adrien, Ms. Lenard, this is..."

"I can introduce myself," Daniela gave the guard a smile, patting his shoulder. She turned to look at the people. "I'm Daniela. Do you guys have ramen?"

"Is this one of Dream's?" The older woman asked, an annoyed look on her face.

"Actually, no," Daniela answered, gasping when she saw a bunch of fruit. "May I?" She asked the people, receiving a slow nod from the man. She grabbed a peach and hummed in delight as all as she ate it, feeling her stomach ease but not satisfy her. "Anyway, I'm being held against my will here so... Um, do you guys have ramen, though?"

"Top drawer, right by your head," Ms. Lenard answered, slowly eating her apple slices as she eyed the girl who shook with excitement. She turned to eye Mr. Adrien who shrugged, lifting a cup of coffee to his lips, sipping it as he, too, eyed the girl who made found the ramen.

"Can I use dishes?" Daniela asked, looking up at the people as the guard left, leaving her surrounded by silence. They hummed. "I'll clean them, too, so don't worry about me making a mess..."

The two people simply stared at her as she got to working, the girl buzzing with excitement while her stomach growled.

"So, you're being held against your will?" Mr. Adrien asked and Daniela scoffed, rolling her eyes, before nodding.

"Yeah."

"So you're going to be here for a while?" The man continued and Daniela sighed, shoulders drooping. "Hmm, I'll take that as a yes."

"Yeah, don't remind me... Anyway, do you guys have cake?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter is dedicated
to my hunger considering
I'm hungry and it's 4:50 AM

So... Night :)