O33. STEADY BALANCE OF THE DAY

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE.
❝ STEADY BALANCE OF THE DAY. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Fuck you—"

Dream watched as the man yelling at him fell on his knees, gunshot wound to his thighs while blood now tinted his hands that tried to stop the bleeding. Being yelled at by a nuisance, a man who believed he was almighty because of the race he was, while trying to scam Dream, said man, of course, wouldn't be particularly happy about that.

Dream stood in the middle of the white room, his usual black suit standing out after the entirety of white surrounding him and the man. Blood splattered on the floor and the walls, resembling those of a painting; the wall being the canvas and the blood being the paint. It was almost beautiful.

"Marcos, I don't care about you," Dream kneeled, the muzzle of his gun situating itself under the wounded man's chin. "Your threats mean nothing to me, get that through your thick skull."

"Fuck you."

At feeling the spit hit his forehead, Dream grabbed a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped it away, a small smile forming under his mask.

"I'll let my men deal with you," he mumbled, slapping the man's cheek softly before standing up. "Make any type of noise you want, you'll see what happens."

Before the man could respond, Dream walked out, hearing the door open behind him. His men walked inside, taking his leaving as their cue, which obviously was.

"I hate these fucking stairs."

At coming to hear that familiar voice, Dream immediately sped walk towards the main room where he saw Daniela holding onto her side, walking down the stairs. She was wearing some pj pants with a black shirt, her hair that was in a ponytail had strands flying everywhere, and her skin was almost shining, it glowing as if she were wearing glitter. After all, that's why the poison is called Pixie because the after effects made people have glowing skin that resembled Tinker Bell and her friends pixie dust.

"I thought I told you to stay in bed, Daniela," Dream breathed out, quickly heading towards her side where she swatted away his hands.

"I'm okay," she breathed in and out, her body still weak that she had to maintain her balance by holding onto the railing of the stairs. Dream and Dolores followed after her, hands ghosting over her figure just in case something happened. Daniela continued to move, though, walking away towards the kitchen where Mr. Adrien and Ms. Lenard resided in.

"Daniela!" The two simultaneously spoke at coming to see the girl, who immediately rummaged through everything close to her. Thankfully, she came across a couple of homemade brownies.

"I am so hungry," she said, ignoring the looming figures standing near her to make sure she's okay. Dream sighed and shook his head, leaning against the counter. Daniela glanced at Dolores. "No offense, Dolores. I'm just tired of eating the soup. I wanted something sweet."

Dolores smiled at the girl. "It's okay, Daniela. I know how tiring it can be to eat the same thing every day."

"I love you," Daniela smiled back. "But, I'm tired of being in the bed every single day. I want to water my plants--" Dream eyed her. She rolled her eyes. "I water and take care of your plants the most."

"Because you whine about me not letting you check on them," Dream pointed out. "And you still need rest, Daniela. The doctor said you need another week to fully heal."

"I consider myself fully healed since I am standing on my own feet without anyones help," Daniela retorted. "I am doing perfectly fine for someone who has stayed in bed a lot after almost dying from a poison."

"If I even see you trip a little." Dream stepped a little closer as everyone else backed away, giving them their space, "you're going to bed and you're going to listen to what the doctor, and I, said Daniela. Got it?"

"Yes, I got it, I got it," said girl simply waved him off before finding more food. "Since I'm doing better, we could try on the dresses for the gala you're having."

"Are you sure you want to do it?" Dream asked and Daniela shrugged with a smile spread on her lips.

"Trying on dresses would be fun after wearing pjs for so long," she answered. "After all, you've already extended the event and I don't want to keep anyone waiting for it any longer."

"Hmm," Dream hummed out loud, still deciding.

"And I want Mr. V back."

"No," Dream immediately said and Daniela rolled her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me. He was with you last when you got poisoned Daniela."

"Doesn't mean that he did it," Daniela argued. "For all we know, I could've been poisoned before. I know he didn't go anything. He wouldn't have done so in a place where everyone knew I was with him. He's not dumb, Dream."

"No."

"Please?" Daniela now pleaded, staring at him with a frown. "He's become almost like a father figure. I haven't seen him in so long. This would make me happy."

Dream sighed. "Fine." Before Daniela could cheer, he raised his pointer finger mid-air. "But, I want some of my guards there. I'll come up later to see what you have chosen so I can see what color I'll get my suit in."

"What?" Daniela asked confusedly, her eyes following his figure as he left. He smirked under his mask and side-glanced her as he stood by the door.

"Us wearing matching colors gives the impression you're with me," Dream explained. "You won't be touched if they recognize you as Ivan's daughter. We don't want you to be harmed, right?"

Before she could answer, he left, leaving them all in silence. They were all confused by his request.

"Well, then..." Mr. Adrien cleared his throat, "we better get to the dressing room. There won't be lunch for today. In the meantime, we get to try on dresses."

"Let's hope there's a pink dress so I can wear it and Dream has to match it," Daniela recommended. Everyone chuckled under their breaths before walking out the same way Dream walked out. "But, where are we heading?"

"There's probably someone already in the dressing room," Ms. Lenard explain. "I don't know how Dream does it, but people always appear out of nowhere when he needs them that it's almost scary. "

"Teleportation," Daniela said as if it was the most obvious fact. Everyone turned to look at her and she looked away. "Hey, I'm just saying. Maybe he has secret doorways here somewhere that explains why they appear randomly."

"Oh, Daniela. It's good to have you have you back."

"I'm still hungry."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know I know I've been
gone for a month

I wanted to say my condolences
to techno's family, friends, and fans.
Though I am not apart, or a fan, of
the Dream SMP, I know how
impactful techno was 🤍

What do you want to see more of?
(You'll sexual tensión scented shush)

I'll be updating more since I
graduated!!!