O27. WALKS & TALKS IN THE GARDEN

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.
❝ WALKS & TALKS IN THE GARDEN. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Wanna go on a walk?"

Daniela popped her head into Dream's office, his guards standing where they usually stood for hours. The man was in his usual spot by his desk, writing down something on the documents while his sleeves were rolled and his hair was disheveled. She could see how tired he was compared to how he was three days ago with her grandmothers. It seemed as it work was piling up for him and Sapnap.

"Hmm?" Dream hummed, looking up from his papers.

Daniela sighed. "Do you wanna go for a walk?" Dream simply stared at her and she squinted her eyes at him in almost a glare. He rolled his eyes and stood up, leaving his papers and headed her way.

"Is it going to make you leave me alone?" Daniela excitedly nodded and Dream sighed, turning to look at his guards. "Go help Sapnap with training. I'll call you over if I need you."

The guards all curtly nodded and left, leaving Dream to turn to look at the girl. She innocently smiled at him and his eyebrows briefly raised, a huff of breath leaving his parted lips under his face mask.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked and Daniela immediately grabbed his hand, dragging and allowing him to trail behind her... again. He didn't really mind being dragged, just as long as she didn't nag his ear off.

"Dolores, bless her," Daniela dramatically sniffed as she led him down the hallway leading up to the garden in the back, "she bought some roses and Dracula simia plants. They are the best, in my opinion."

"I don't know what those are," Dream mumbled.

"They can also be called monkey orchid because the plants look like a monkey, come on!" Daniela hurried towards the new plant and Dream looked off to where she was leading him. He was led in the middle of the garden, by the water fountain, and there was l planted new arranges of flowers.

"Dolores got a bunch..." He trailed off and Daniela let go of his wrist, allowing him to inspect the flowers more.

"I know!" Daniela smiled widely, her eye smile making him want to smile, too. "Now, look, look," she grabbed his forearm and led him towards the plant she was raving about, "it's the Dracula sima plant."

"It does look like a monkey," Dream chuckled and she nodded, her face lighting up at what he said. "You do love flowers, huh?"

"Of course," Daniela softly smiled now, her chest heaving up and down as she let out a sigh. "My mom taught me flowers. We even had a book that she kept in this lockdown room we hid in when my dad was being a bitch."

"You had to hide from him?" Dream glanced at her as his fingers softly ran themselves against the red petals of the roses. "Were you two that afraid?"

"Hmm, let's make it into a story," Daniela suggested and Dream looked at her, making her continue. "A mother and her daughter lived in a house with a man. They've gone for help with the neighbors just to be threatened that they'll tell the man. Every neighbor was told to tell the man if we asked for help, even the police was also told. So, we had no help. Everyone was scared."

"Your dad is really an asshole," Dream shook his head. "Lucky for me... I pretend to know that I don't know my parents. I killed my dad, my mom was long dead by the time I went back for her, but she was horrible, too. I don't know why I stood up for her, but she was my mom, you know?"

"Yeah," Daniela deeply sighed. "I get it."

"Now," Dream eyed the dark roses next to the Dracula sima plants, "I didn't know black roses were a thing."

"I didn't either," the girl shrugged. "But, here we are."

"You do know what they represent, right?" Dream muttered, stepping a bit closer to her until their shoulders touched. Daniela shook her head. "Hmm, surprised... but they actually mean rebirth," he turned to look at her and she looked back at him, "and new beginnings."

"Kind of funny," she laughed. He raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"New beginnings, rebirth," she named off. "It's just funny, and amusing, considering that we just met."

"We didn't just meet," he corrected her. "We met a month ago. Almost two. You can be a handful," he stepped even closer, "and a bit bratty. Let's not forget the annoying sarcastic remarks. But, that's what makes you enjoyable, no?"

He seemed to almost dip his head, making eye contact with her. His eyes, Daniela noticed, were really beautiful. They really were. She could also see the scar he never showed peaking from underneath the black face mask, allowing her eyesight to stay on it a bit too long.

"Eyes up here," he whispered as if the two were sharing secrets, his fingers tilting her head. She looked back at his eyes, letting out a shaky breath. He chuckled, his eyes crinkling in the corner of his eyes, clearly amused by her actions.

"You're a tease," Daniela shook her head, a smile spreading on her lips.

"I know," he smirked. He glanced behind her before turning to look back at the girl in front of him. "Before I leave to visit your father, I have a gala soon... We'll talk it over during dinner. Don't worry, I'll be on time."

Dinner. Ever since they had dinner with her grandmothers, Dream had been eager to get dinner. He didn't know why, but he usually liked hearing Daniela talk about her childhood and the girl she kissed during a sleepover. It was amusing to hear, considering that Daniela just continued talking about her old life.

The two wouldn't eat alone, though. Mr. V, Sapnap, George, would join once in a while, letting Daniela bond with them even more. Even Dream could see the admiration Mr. V had for Daniela. He saw that the man gave Daniela a knife and a gun, telling her "I'll teach you how to use them both." He seemed as if he was her dad. And he kind of was almost like a father figure.

So, dinner, small talk, closure, new beginnings. Dream had all of those and could do all of those. Ivan was handled, he was slowly dying in the White Room while Daniela was enjoying life with her aunts, Dream, and Mr. V. Because although it's only been three days since Dream and Mr. V met Daniela's grandmothers, it's felt like they've been close for a long time.

"You better be on time," Daniela chuckled, backing away. "I'll see you later then."

"See you. Take care of the plants. Don't kill them with your disgusting singing."

"I-" Daniela simply let out, eyebrows furrowing as she turned to look at Dream as he left. "Hey!"

"I said what I said."

As he left, Daniela smiled and shook her head.

She didn't know where this Dream had come from. When he appeared with blood over his face and he allowed her to clean his face, they've gotten closer. Even if "closer" meant just liking the silence between them and their bickers. It was them.

"What a loser."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thank you for the questions
for my bf. He enjoyed them so much.
I enjoyed them, too, but not
the people, or person, who messaged
me lies saying they know my bf when
he hasn't even disclosed his name at
all or who he is.

I would personally say that trying
to "ruin" my relationship by saying
that he's cheating on me when you
don't know who we are, isn't
okay so please 😅😅

But you want to ask him more questions,
you can, if you don't, then you
don't have to. I'm not going to
make you.

Also, I was looking at TikTok
and the videos of people recommending
my books and it's so weird. Like...
me? Really? I deeply appreciate
you and all your support 💜