O17. LIKE AN OLD MARRIED COUPLE

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
❝ LIKE AN OLD MARRIED COUPLE. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Did you like the treat, Mr. V?"

Dream's phone was held to his ear, a smirk evident on his lips as he heard the man's chuckle. He eyed the way his bodyguard entered his office, alerting him that both Daniela and George are back. Dream simply raised a finger, signaling to wait.

"Better keep my men in check," Mr. V said. "I'm sorry about my men by the way, my dear friend. They know specifically not to bother you when you're getting your shipment. Though, it seems as if you already dealt with them."

"You think those closest to you will have your back," Dream feigned a disappointed sigh, giving the two people who walked into his office a pointed look. "I was happy to do what I did, though. He deserved it."

"I owe you one."

"Anyway, I'll let you go," Dream said. "Just wanted to know if you got my present."

"Best present a man could ask for: It was nice to talk to you, old friend. Bye."

"Likewise, bye."

Hanging up and placing his phone in a box that allowed him to not be tracked—made by George, Dream turned to look at the awaiting people by the chairs in front of his desk. Fixing the neck of the black turtleneck he was wearing, Dream situated himself on the corner of his desk, still staring at the two, a wave of his hand dismissing his guards in the room.

Daniela and George looked at each other. They came in time, so why was Dream giving them a stare so intense they could literally melt—not a good one—right then and there in front of him?

"George, you're excused, Sapnap needed you," he finally spoke, his gaze falling upon his best friend's.

George nodded and immediately stood up, sending Daniela a look that clearly said "good luck." Leaving, Dream then turned to look at the girl.

"Did you buy everything you need?" He finally spoke, gaze on his hands playing with the rings on his fingers. Daniela hummed and nodded. He looked up at her. "I need words, Daniela."

"Yes, I did," the girl cleared her throat. "Um, why am I here?"

"Does your dad have a secret hideout?" Dream quickly moved in to his question, ignoring her own. She frowned and shrugged, remembering that her dad, in fact, did.

"He has, like, 5 in total," she recalled. "He has one in Germany, two in Greece, another in France, and in Italy."

"He was last seen in Italy..." Dream thought out loud, glancing at the floor with his own eyebrows furrowed. "Do you know specifically where?"