OO5. THE HIDDEN PROTECTOR

CHAPTER FIVE.
❝ THE HIDDEN PROTECTOR. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Look, you got a toy."

"Stop treating me like a child, Sapnap."

"Well, stop acting like one!"

Daniela watched the two, her eyes moving to one figure to another. She stood between Dolores and George, puffing her cheeks as she awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to do other than play with her hands.

"You," Dream immediately looked at the girl, his eyebrows slightly furrowed while he pointed at the seat in front of him, "sit."

Daniela rolled her eyes and sat down, taking her time that it started to make Dream irritated. Just as he opened his mouth, she had already sat down, staring back at him.

"I'm sorry that you're here," he spoke with a stern tone, Daniela not being able to focus on him before glancing at his friend who was playing with the Happy Meal toy. "Hey, look at me." Daniel looked back at him. "Did they tell you what your dad did?"

"He owes people money?"

"Yes," Dream nodded. "Your dad stole from a well known leader who lives in the hill by the bread store, heard of him?" A nod. "Well, your dad stole $700,000 worth of meth and $800,000 worth of... illegal pills. So, $1,500,000 in total. He later cheated on games in a casino from a... colleague of mine. Stole around $1,200,000 in total. He later," Dream stood up and walked in front of her, leaning against his table while handing her a file, "stole from me. $20,000,000 in total. So, you can see how much he really owes me."

Daniela opened the file and eyed the amount of pictures there were of her dad stealing countless amounts of shipments with a man in tow.

"Do you know the man he's with?" George asked, watching the pictures over her shoulder. Daniela shook her head in response.

"No," she answered, passing Dream the file. "My dad doesn't talk about his business at all. He doesn't mention it to me or to anyone, so I don't know who that is."

"Who are you?" Dream asked, staring at Dolores who was shaking in her spot at hearing that familiar voice. Daniela stood up and placed an arm around the older woman's shoulders, trying to comfort her.

"She's a maid of mine," the girl responded. "More like a mother. I told your friend that I wouldn't go unless she came with."

Dream glared at Sapnap and sighed, punching the bridge of his nose. He nodded and looked at Alexis beside him. He gestured at him and snapped his fingers. "Show them their rooms." He looked at them and eyed Daniela. "As long as we don't cross paths, there won't be a problem. I'll leave you alone as long as you leave me alone, got it?"

"Yes," Daniela rolled her eyes, quickly following after the guard who opened the door for them. Dream was left alone in his thoughts and he snapped his fingers, again, to let the guards in the room know he wanted to be alone with his friends.

"Did he just give us her?" He mumbled.

"Yeah," Sapnap nodded. "He didn't really give us anything else. He was just eager to get her out."

"What are we going to do with her?" George asked.

"We're keeping her," Dream grumbled. "I can't do anything else. I just received word that Ivan was already traveling to Italy. My men are keeping a close eye on him as to make sure he wasn't lying at all. As for now, since we have his daughter, I don't want her out of the house. She's staying in and being in her room until her stupid father comes back."

"But it's not fair for her to stay locked in," George argued. "She can't be intertwined with her father's business. You've always said that you don't like it when women or children get brought into this type of life, so why are you bringing her into this?"

"I'm not bringing her into anything," Dream glared at his friend.

"Then why can't she leave?"

"Do you know how dangerous Mr. V is?" Dream exclaimed. "He does not give a single shit if he's hurting a bird or a child. He takes his grudges to an extent and if he finds out that Ivan, the person who has been stealing from him for years, has a daughter, he's going to want to kill her as payback. His alliance is one of our best and I may be powerful than him, but he's not going to listen to me at all. His men don't have rules, they don't go by any rules at all, and they don't obey. They won't hold back. So, please, George, continue about how I'm bringing her into this. From what I can see, her dad brought her into this shit first. I'm just doing his job in protecting her."

Sapnap and George stared at their friend in shock as he looked at the files in his desk, running a hand over his hair. They started chuckling out of amusement and Sapnap slapped his shoulder, causing him to look at him.

"Wow," Sapnap grinned, "you're such a softy for a girl that you just met. Undying love. Total," he dramatically breathed out, "soulmates."

"Shut up," Dream rolled his eyes out of irritation. "Anyway, we have a meeting with Mr. V, Quackity, and Wilbur. We don't mention the girl at all, got it?"

"What if they find out?"

"I'm not sure," Dream rubbed his lower lip with his finger. "I'll use my status to keep him away, but that'll do so little... No. he has to listen to me. I'll break his neck if he doesn't, I'm tired of his shit, too."

"You're sick of everyone in general," George snorted, a smirk on his lips.

"Yeah, to those who don't listen to me," Dream huffed. "Anyway, make sure she stays in the home. I'm not kidding. I don't want to see her. Nothing. We'll be okay as long as she doesn't talk to me."

"I think this is why you don't have a girlfriend," Sapnap retorted, nudging George who immediately moved away from him. Dream threw him the toy from the Happy Meal and Sapnap let out a big "ow" as he clutched his temple.

"Go suck ass, Sapnap."

"Well, get that stick out of yours, first."

"Sapnap, shut up."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

The songs from this playlist
are giving me so many ideas...

The songs from this playlistare giving me so many ideas