OO9. DOORS OF THE BALCONY

CHAPTER NINE.
❝ DOORS OF THE BALCONY. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I want to be a seagull."

Dolores looked at the girl with eyebrows furrowed, confused about the random comment she let out. "What?"

"Like, just imagine," Daniela mumbled, staring down at the shirt she was sowing in her hands, the same expression as Dolores but without confusion, "you'll spend majority of your time on the beach, flying, stealing food, and shitting on people. A life."

Since Daniela was in the room for the entire night because of Dream having a meeting with the people who wanted her father did, she was distracting herself by doing something that, clearly, and of course, distracted her. She was not going to be dumb by revealing herself just so she could end up as a target.

"Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your head, Dani," Dolores chuckled, helping the girl sow another piece of clothing. "Anyway, what do you think they're talking about?"

"About how my dad is dead," Daniela chuckled, wincing when she felt the tip of the needle poke the pad of her finger. "I mean, it's pretty easy to know what they would be talking about considering that Dream said not to go out."

A knock was heard outside the bedroom and Daniela let out a "come in" while still looking down at the shirt. She looked up when she saw a familiar figure come inside, a tray of food in her hands.

"I brought you food," Ms. Lenard said, setting the tray on the table in front of Daniela. Daniela gasped and danced happily in her seat, eyeing the spaghetti placed in front of her. "Yeah, yeah, stop dancing. It's not a big deal."

"And you got me bread, too?" Daniela looked at the woman, who rolled her eyes. "You're the best, you know that?"

"I've been told," Ms. Lenard look towards Dolores. "Is this your maid?"

Daniela hummed. "She's been, like, a nanny and a maid at the same time. She took care of me at a young age."

"Ah," Ms. Lenard simply let out. "Anyway, I didn't know if you wanted something to eat but, if you want some, I can bring you some."

"Actually," Dolores spoke, "um, I wanted to see if I can work in the kitchen, too. I love cooking and I feel... angsty so I want to head down there if that's okay."

Daniela looked between the two, eating bread while eating the noodles. Ms. Lenard slowly nodded. "Sure. We can head down now. Dream is still in his meeting and if they ask who you are, we say you're someone new we just recently hired, while you," she turned to look at the girl still eating, "stay here."

"Yes, ma'am," Daniela smiled, throwing her a thumbs up. "I need to finish sowing my shirt. I accidentally ripped it when I was playing with a loose thread."

"Of course you would," Ms. Lenard sighed before looking at Dolores. "Come on. Let's go. I'll show you where it is and where everything is."

"Okay," Dolores stood up and walked behind the woman who started to leave the room, waving at Daniela. "I'll see you in a bit. Be careful."

"I will."

Daniela watched as the door closed and continued eating, humming while glancing around the room and noticing details she missed in the first day.

Since the room was big enough that a small table and couch stood in the middle of it all, the girl could now notice the details on the mirror hung up or the painting that she hadn't noticed was there. It was a really beautiful room.

As soon as she finished, she stood up and walked towards the balcony. She opened the doors and sat on the chair, closing her eyes while she breathed in the fresh air of the flowers.

"Enjoying the view?" Jumping, completely startled, Daniela turned to look at Dream who stood by the doors, giving her a look for her actions. "What? Are you scared of me?"

"No," Daniela snickered. "You know, for someone who doesn't want to cross paths with me, you seem to keep invading my privacy and my little bubble."

"I only came in because I saw your maid leaving the room," Dream rolled his eyes while Daniela closed her eyes. "Wanted to see that wouldn't escape or anything. I figured you did as soon as I saw the door open."

"Please," Daniela sighed, "this is way too comfortable compared to my room."

"Even though you're basically locked in your room?"

"Eh, not phased by it," Daniela smirked as she felt the tension go to an awkward one, Dream clearly not knowing what to respond to her words. "Anyway, did your meeting finish?"

"If I was here, wouldn't the meeting already be over?" Dream snorted. "But yes, it did finish. Mr. V isn't happy. He claims that if he ever found out that Ivan had a family, he would destroy them all."

"Ah, so dramatic," Daniela chuckled at hearing the dramatic tone Dream used. "You know, you're actually pretty funny."

"Huh," Dream let out, "I don't remember asking for your opinion but I know."

"And a bitch."

"Watch it," Dream gently said, looking down at her as she looked up at him. She rolled her eyes and he shook his head, hand traveling down to her chin. He raised it up so she could make eye contact with him and he leaned down. "You shouldn't call people older than you names, Daniela."

"Oh, I forgot," Daniela looked back at him, "you're a grandpa. My bad."

Dream let go of her chin and lowly chuckled at her words, his green eyes staring back at her own. She never looked away, wanting to show him that as much as she felt nervous and uncomfortable by the act, she would stand her ground

"Hmm, maybe I should tell Mr. V you're here," Dream hummed. "But, then again, I really want to torture your dad when he comes and gives me my money."

"Do you really think he'll give you the money?" Daniela asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, but, I really like chasing after the ones who betray me. I just can't wait to kill him."

"Wow, what a classing saying by a mafia leader. You're so original—Don't leave! I'm not finished."

"I can't hear you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Daniela, my beloved 😮‍💨😮‍💨

Btw to those asking, i update
every two days! It goes with
my schedule especially now
that I started school