O39. NEVER TRUST NANNIES

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE.
❝ NEVER TRUST NANNIES. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You running away from your problems is just funny."

"Daniela..." Dream warned as the girl continued, his fingers gripping onto Mr. De Luca's forearm wrapped around his neck. He was simply trying to stop the girl from getting killed the more she continued to bicker. "Calm down."

"Fine."

"Wow, being Dream's bitch, huh?" Mr. De Luca teased, groaning in pain when Dream tilted his head back with such force he hit the man in nose. If would've been a great chance to escape, but the older man simply laughed and wiped the blood away from his nose, still holding Dream in a tight headlock. "Haha, you're funny. You're very funny."

"Daniela..." Dream looked at her and she looked back at him, eyeing the body of Mr. V beside them. He was, thankfully, breathing. "I'm sorry for everything."

Daniela waved him off. "I forgive you, Dream. But, the one who is the problem is this bitch here," she looked at Dolores who was shocked at her words, "who is withholding a grudge."

"My feelings are justified!" Dolores exclaimed, hands shaking with anger as her eyebrows furrowed together. "He killed my son and husband."

"Listen to me," Daniela spoke in a loud tone. "You are so fucking stupid trying to poison me. That isn't right for you to do just because you don't want me to be killed by someone you don't like. I have been the safest in this house until you tried to kill me and until you brought this old fuck in this house.

You were always a mother to me. Now you're dead to me. I saw you as a parental figure after my mom left and after my dad wasn't home some days. You fed me, you cheered me up when I came back from school crying because kids bullied me. But you let your own fucking judgment get the best of you instead of talking to Dream. He would've listened."

"He kept you locked in your room," Dolores explained. "He killed people in the White Room until the white walls were nothing but red. I never asked you to see me as a mother or anything—"

"You never asked me, but I saw you as one!" Daniela shouted as if her words weren't getting stuck in her head. "Goddammit, Dolores. I see now that you are just a plain asshole that needed to go to therapy since day one."

"Shut up."

"Do not tell me to be quiet when I am telling the truth," the girl continued, angry tears streaming down her face. She pointed at Dream. "In his own ways, he took care of me more than you ever did. While you were away doing the stupid shit you were doing with him," she pointed at Mr. De Luca, "Dream actually made me feel safe for once without having to look over my shoulder every second. It was hard in the beginning, my father basically sent me to him and he was a major dickhead, but he made sure I ate, I was well, and everyone here is nice. I have no parents, no friends, but I have a new father figure, my grandmothers who should've been my mother figures, and new people who are willing to die for me."