O13. CONVERSATIONS WITH HIM

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
❝ CONVERSATIONS WITH HIM. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Where's Sapnap?"

Daniela looked over her shoulder to glance at Dream, who was staring at her from the doorway, his mask still on while specks of blood covered his suit and part of his face. Like usual.

"Um, he went to the kitchen," she answered, turning to look down at her lap while she was sat like a child on the ground. Dream looked at her with confusion, watching the back of her head as he noticed the way her shoulders drooped.

"Are you meditating?"

Daniela's eyes opened and she sharply inhaled, a sarcastic smile spreading on her lips. "I'm trying to without your voice irritating me. I got rid of Sapnap, told him he could go practice while I just read. He called me a nerd."

Dream huffed, rolling his eyes. "Of course," he mumbled under his breath. "Why are you even meditating?"

"Because people like you test my patience and I want to maintain calm and be calm," Daniela replied. "I've been taught this at a young age by my mother, I don't tend to lash out."

"Don't expect me to tell you my life story," Dream snorted, a stoic expression etched on his face.

"Good, I honestly don't care," Daniela threw him a thumbs up, eyes closed and a sarcastic smile spread on her lips. "Anyway, are you going to leave or are you going to stand there with blood on you?"

"I need to check on my plants," Dream shrugged, hands stuffed in the pockets of his pants.

"Your plants?"

"Well, this garden is mine," Dream stared at the back of her head before staring at the room, a chill running up his spine when he felt the coldness. "Anyway, why are you here?"

"Sapnap brought me here," the girl groaned, just wanting to relax. But, she had a feeling that Dream was still there to annoy her even further, and she was right. Dream was simply there to annoy the crap out of her.

"Of course he did. He's obsessed with annoying me. Bet you two will get along, then."

It was Daniela's turn to snort. She shook her head, craning her neck side to side, relaxing her shoulders, and trying her hardest to block away the man's voice because... he was talking so much which was pretty uncharacteristic of him.

"Why don't you fight?" Daniela opened her eyes. "You came here and you aren't fighting me or my men away. You know, for someone who's pretty much kidnapped, you don't really care, huh?"

"I pretty much like living this," Daniela said. "I mean, I'm not forced to go outside and I can sleep as much as I want. You aren't really harming me either so I don't really give a shit."

"Hmm, yeah," Dream nodded.

"Anyway, you don't really look a lot like a mafia leader," Daniela spoke, still not staring at him as she rested her palms on the concrete floor. "You know, in books—"

"In books the leader is buff and has a bunch of tattoos?" Dream snickered, shaking his head at her words. "Yeah, I get what you mean. A lot of people didn't use to take me serious. So, I had to start building this whole entire team of people to get where I am."

"And by killing people," Daniela blurted out without meaning to, covering her mouth as soon as those words escaped her lips. "Oh, God."

She heard Dream sigh. "Anyway, I'm going to go looking for Sapnap. George will come here and keep close eye on you—"

"Because there's a rumor that someone knows about you," George sauntered in, a smile on his face. "So, me being a good friend and a better guard than Sapnap, I am here to watch you just in case, you know, something happens."

"I trust him more than Sapnap."

"What?" The three turned to eye Sapnap who came in, mouth stuffed with grapes, while his hand, the one that was wrapped since he punched someone and tore the skin of his knuckles, was holding a tray of strawberries. "But you're my best friend."

"Sapnap you decided to go eat," George argued with him. "You're supposed to be taking care of her not gonna go and eat grapes or whatever Ms. Lenard and Mr. Adrien made."

"And Dolores," Sapnap added, his words coming out muffled. "But these were so good and, Daniela gave me permission to quickly get something to eat."

"Well, I just said that because you wouldn't stop burping and you were annoying the crap out of me," Daniela said, standing up and heading towards them, stealing some of the man's fruit. "I was losing my mind with you."

"We all lose our minds with him," George agreed, ignoring the glare Sapnap gave him. Dream watched, eyes set on the three in front of him. "Anywho, don't you need to speak to Sapnap, Dream?"

"Oh, yeah," Dream perked up. "Sapnap, we're heading to your office. I need to speak to you about the White Room and about..." He looked at Daniela who was easily distracted by the butterflies that were near flowers, "the shipment."

Sapnap glanced towards where he was looking, noticing that his friend was trying to be careful with his words since she was there. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Let's go." But just before they could fully leave the room, Sapnap turned to look at George and Daniela. His eyes set on the girl's own. "Keep a close eye on him, too. He doesn't know how to shoot a gun."

"Get out, Sapnap."

"Let's go," Dream rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the fact that his friend was trying to piss off the other. Sapnap knew the correct way to push someone's buttons, which was Dream admired him a lot during deals or meetings.

As they left, George turned to look at Daniela who was eating the grapes and strawberries from the bowl she had swiftly stolen from Sapnap's hand, the man too distracted from his conversation with Dream to notice.

"Do you want to go to the spa room?" George asked. Daniela immediately looked at him, mouth stuffed with fruit.

"Spa room?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I've been holding in my
tears for days now and just
as I was stressing, I started
to cry. So, thankfully I didn't
make this chapter angsty 😭

Today's such a shitty day.
Got yelled at by two friends
and yeah... Tomorrow will
be better though :)