O34. SAY YES TO THE BLACK DRESS

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR.
❝ SAY YES TO THE BLACK DRESS. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I forgot how dress shopping humbles someone."

Daniela stood in the middle of the changing room, eyeing her figure on the wall. Mr. V, Ms. Lenard, and Dolores were there, Mr. Adrien having left to make some food to the bodyguards on break. They saw the girl starting to get irritated by the dresses, having not been able to slip half of them on because of her hips and curves.

"You look beautiful in all of them, Daniela," Mr. V complimented, hoping to ease her thoughts. He glared at one of the people helping her get dresses. "Get the right sizes."

The poor man and woman immediately nodded and went to guide Daniela away, hoping to find a better dress for her. As they left, the three people left behind were now in an awkward silence that enveloped them all.

"Did you—"

"No, I didn't poison Daniela," Mr. V clarified as soon as he heard Ms. Lenard's voice. "Believe me, I would never. She's like the daughter I've always wanted, I would never hurt, or harm, her in any way."

"It's just odd that she falls ill after spending time with you, that's all," Dolores now spoke, the two others shocked that she did so since she is always quiet. "But, I oddly believe you."

"Thank you," Mr. V bowed his head before he glanced at Ms. Lenard. "What about you, Emily?"

"The girl seems happier with you," Ms. Lenard spoke. "You are like the father figure she always lacked in her life and the father figure she has needed. She looks happy, you look happy, I believe you."

Mr. V now looked relieved. "Thank you, both of you. But don't worry, I'm trying to find the culprit because, clearly, it was an inside job. I've done a lot of background checks and I already sent them to Dream."

"How's that going?" Ms. Lenard asked. Mr. V sighed, running a hand over his face.

"Half of the men Dream has were in jail for drugs, gun possession, or gambling," Mr. V explained. "It could be anyone. We just have to trace Daniela's footsteps moments prior."

"She can't remember what she did before," Dolores said. They looked at her. "Dream and I were trying to find information, too, but she forgot. One of the after effects of the Pixie is short term memory loss so we just have to wait for her to remember that day."

"I'm more afraid she won't be able to remember," Ms. Lenard breathed out. "What then?"

"I think we can't lose hope on her," Dolores reassured. "She will get those memories back and then she can tell us what happened with her. She still remembers us so that's the only part I'm relieved about."

"That is true," Mr. V agreed, straightening up when Daniela came out with a long dark green dress, the dress landing on the floor. "You look beautiful, Daniela."

"I feel like it's not my color with my skin color," Daniela worried, eyeing the way the green color didn't match well with her darker skin color. "I feel like a blue dress will go more with it. Maybe a black dress, too."

"Go with whatever you're comfortable with, Dani," Mr. V smiled at her as he drank a cup of tea from the small china set that was too big for his own tattooed hands. "You'll look beautiful in either ones, you'll make every girl jealous in the room."

"You think so?" Daniela asked. She was relieved for Mr. V to be there, though, because even though some certain dresses don't look good on her, his comments feed onto her ego.

"You look beautiful, Daniela," Dolores agreed, as well as Ms. Lenard. "But, it's whatever you choose. Go with black or blue, any color will suit you."

"Except yellow," Ms. Lenard made a face. "It's a nice color, but in a dress... that's a crime."

Daniela chuckled at her words before fixing her dress. "Alright I'm going to try more. I'll look for more darker dresses. In the meantime, I'll tell them to bring more food and drinks for you three. I don't need you guys to entirely interrupt my time here with your loud thoughts and sleep."

The three agreed and continued to talk, ignoring the way a certain someone walked past the room before stopping in his tracks and leaning against the doorway. He eyed the three people talking, glancing down at his watch while fixing his black mask and sleeves.

"Here, is the next dress," the designer announced, anxiously fiddling with his fingers as Daniela came out.

Dream's breath hitched in his throat, watching the girl glide down in the middle of the room with a perfect black dress that reached the floor. Her curves were unmatched and the way she radiated such confidence was really, really, attractive.

She was beautiful.

"I'm in love with it," Daniela spoke. "Usually it's hard for me to find a good dress but this dress is perfect. It's not tight but not too loose. I love it."

"It looks beautiful on you."

Daniela smiled at them, still not having seen Dream standing on the doorway admiring her. No one has seen him. Though, he didn't mind it. He liked admiring her in silence without being seen.

"I'll tell the boss that you found your perfect dress."

The two designers walked off behind curtains, heading to the closest way to Dream's office. But Dream still stood there, seemingly frozen, as he continued to look at Daniela. Though, he took a step closer when Daniela froze, too, holding onto her sides.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just getting really dizzy."

As she finished her sentence, she immediately tumbled. Dream didn't feel himself running, but he ran towards her side, grabbing onto her as she almost fell to her knees. Mr. V, Ms. Lenard, and Dolores all gasped simultaneously at coming to see him, but Daniela was too focused on getting rid of the dizziness. She held onto his forearm until she was steady enough and could balance herself on her own, ignoring the other three mindlessly leaving them by themselves.

"You okay?" Dream asked.

"Yeah," she nodded. "I'm okay. You can let go."

"I'm sorry," he stood back, watching her hold onto her chest. "You do look beautiful in the dress."

She smiled at him a little. "Thank you. It's really beautiful. I like it."

Dream took out bud black card and gave it to her. "So you can pay it."

Daniela knew there was no way in fighting against it so, she took it before turning around. "Can you unzip it, though, please? It's really hard to do so without the help of another."

Dream did so and Daniela fought back the urge to jerk away, knowing that she was very ticklish. When he stepped back, he nodded his head at her.

"I have to go to a meeting but," he started, "tell me if anything goes wrong."

"I will."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sexual tension scenes start
next chapter 😫😫😫

Do guys see improvement in
their friendship/relationship?
If not, what can I do?