O21. THE LONG AWAITED CAPTURE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
❝ THE LONG AWAITED CAPTURE. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Oh, Ivan..."

Dream chuckled enthusiastically at eyeing the man he had finally gotten ahold of, his eyes glistening with such excitement that had Ivan himself scared.

"Sir, Mr. V, Quackity, and Wilbur are here," a guard came in, earpiece stuck in his ear while he eyed his boss whose eyes crinkled from the smile that spread on his face.

"Send them in," Dream breathed out, taking off his blazer and rolling up the sleeves of his button up.

The guard nodded and walked away, leaving Dream in the White Room with three other guards. He had passed his blazer to one close and grabbed a bypass pruner that another guard had grabbed from the gardener on the front of the house.

"Now, Ivan," Dream squatted down in front of the man, patting his cheek softly to keep him awake, face bruised, "stay awake for me, okay? I want you to see this magic trick."

Dream sounded excited at the end of his sentence, making Ivan squirm as soon as he noticed that the boss was raising the bypass pruner up to his fingers. He felt the burn and the pain all in once traveling up his arm, alerting him that his middle finger was just cut off.

"Ah!" He groaned out, fidgeting in his seat. Dream gave him men a side glance, two guards placing their hands on top of Ivan's shoulder to stop him from moving.

"You stole millions from me," Dream gave him a glare, grabbing an alcoholic beverage from his guard who had opened the door to let Mr. V, Quackity, and Wilbur come inside the room. "You stole millions from them. You betrayed everyone, and you know who else you betrayed."

"Daniela?" Ivan chuckled, tilting his head back to let out a chuckle before grunting in pain once Dream poured the beverage on the wound he created. "I don't give a shit about my daughter."

"Daughter?" Mr. V's slight chuckle was heard from behind him. "That's nice. Do we need a family reunion? I think we do, Dream. Bring her in here."

Dream deeply exhaled before staring at one of his men. "Bring her here unless she says no." The man nodded and left, leaving Dream to sarcastically smile at Ivan. "You know, Ivan, I do look up to you, though. I mean, you stole from each of us. You stole from Mr. V, cheated in Quackity's casino, and stole from Wilbur. Let's also not forget you stole from Sapnap and me. The bravery you had to do such an act."

"Let me kill him, Dream," Quackity spoke, a sinister smile spreading on the corner of his lips. "I'll do it very quick."

"I'll do the honors," Mr. V spoke from beside the beanie-clad man. "I'll take my time with him. I'll even cut off his fingers until he has none."

"We'll let his daughter decide," Wilbur said, arms crossed over his chest. "She'll settle this."

On cue, the door was opened and in came Daniela who immediately glared at her father. She quickly sped towards him, slapping him hard enough until a red hue was on her father's cheek.

"You are such an ass," she spoke, being grabbed by Dream who stopped her from doing something she'll regret later on. "God, you fucking asshole. Are you stupid? Stealing from the mafia? Really?"

"Slap him again," Wilbur called out. Everyone turned to look at him comically, but he only responded with a shrug of his shoulders. "It was funny and he deserved it."

"Anyway," Dream rolled his eyes, turning to look at Daniela who was struggling in his arms, a strand of dark hair falling on his eyes that started to irritated him even more, "Mr. V and Quackity wanted to know who you would choose."

"Choose...?" Daniela trailed off.

"To kill your dad. Quackity wants it quick and Mr. V will keep him here or in his own warehouse to slowly kill him. Which one?"

"I want him to slowly die," Daniela huffed, pushing Dream away and walking out of the room, not being able to look at her father. She couldn't bare look at him any longer, knowing that she would try to excuse his actions like every other time because of the fact that he was her dad. But, she also needed to understand and keep in mind that her dad did everything he did out of greed and power.

"Well, she's a treat," Mr. V commented as he amusedly stared after the girl, a small smile spread on his lips. He turned to look back at Ivan, his eyes squinting as he moved closer. "Your daughter chose me. Oh I'm going to have so much fun with you. You liked being chased didn't you?"

"Fuck off," Ivan rolled his eyes, wincing once the pain struck again.

"Now I wonder where she got her attitude from," Dream raised an eyebrow at the man, running a hand over his hair since a single strand of hair fell out. He fixed his face mask and sighed, fixing the buttons of the blazer his guard gave back to him. He turned to look at Mr. V. "I'll leave you to it. If you want to keep him here, you can. If you want to take him, be my guest. He's not my problem. He's yours."

"Yeah, sadly," Quackity mumbled.

"I'll lead you two out," Dream breathed out, opening the door of the White Room. Quackity and Wilbur curtly nodded at Mr. V and walked out of the room, leaving him. But just as Dream was about to close the door, he heard the man sitting on the chair speak.

"Thank you."

Dream didn't spare him a glance, not knowing what Ivan was thanking him for. But, he walked away, hearing a loud groan before the door closed behind him.

As Quackity and Wilbur left, Daniela sat on the stairs of the house, shaking her head while letting out silent curses under her breath.

"Hmm," Dream hummed, "overthinking it?"

"Hell no," Daniela snorted. "He's caused my mom and I too much pain. He destroyed us, but just because he's my father, he's not going to get pity. I don't really care what happens to him. He never cared about my mom."

"This is all because of your mom?" Dream asked. "Not about you?"

"I never suffered," Daniela said. "My mom was in an abusive relationship with him. She couldn't leave him because he had all these ties with the mafia. Ironically enough, he's getting killed by the heads of one."

"Surprised you're not feeling any pity," Dream nodded. "But, knowing how you are, your emotions, you still feel bad. He's your dad, though you're supposed to hate him, you know that you still love him after all. Don't."

"Don't?" Daniela looked at Dream.

"Don't feel guilty," he answered, "or else that's what's going to eat you alive whether you like or not."

"Wow, such wise words."

"Shut up. Go to your room."

"Annoying..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

...hi :)

I know I know it's been
a month but then I realized
why. I blame it on my bf. I
said what I said.

And, he reads my books (yeah,
and I have to listen to him read
my books to me once I tell him
to shut up), so I blame my lack
of updates on him 🤩

I really don't but, it's been writers
block. It hit me hard this time but
I'm back 🙂

Also, wanted to clear up, a couple
chapters back, Daniela got mad at
Dream for mentioning her father
repeatedly and I saw comments saying
that she was mean. She wasn't. She
had a right to act that way 🥴