003

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙨.

𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗔𝗧 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟 carried on, Aria practically ran out of the building the second the bell rang, she bid her goodbyes to her friends before placing a kiss to JJ's parted lips, waving as they drove off.

She pulled her brows together in confusion as her front door was already unlocked, she hadn't even seen her mother's parked car in the driveway along side her fathers. What they hell were they doing here?

"They are on to me, Victor. And they will take my boy with them." Ward banged his hands on the table, desperate for any help he could get at this point.

The police had became extremely suspicious about the Cameron family after the 'death' of their daughter and her lover, after piecing everything together his story didn't seem straight.

"Look we need Aria to help us. She was the only other person who was there on the tarmac. Everyone  will believe her." He continued, tugging at his gray roots with anger.

"And why should I do that?" Aria stepped into the dining room, crossing her arms as she leaned against the doorway, "why should I help you?"

"Think about Sarah what would she want you to do?"
Ward knew that she was sensitive to the topic of his deceased daughter and bringing her up would hopefully change her mind but of course he didn't know that she was very much alive.

She laughed, tucking the dark strands away from her face as she bit into her bottom lip, "she would want me to do the right thing. You both are at fall for the death of three people technically. Sarah, John B and Peterkin."

"Sweetheart please." Ward was begging at this point, his light eyes flicking between her own colored ones as she moved them to the quiet blonde beside him.

"I wanna talk to Rafe first." Aria straightened herself out, he glanced at his father before pushing the chair out from underneath him and excusing himself from the table.

She brought him to more secluded room at the end of the hallway, locking the door shut behind her as she ordered for him to sit on one of mint green ottomans, she took the free seat in front of him.

"What? This isn't a game, Aria." He seethed, leg bouncing up and down as he fiddled with the golden ring that hugged his pointer finger.

She nodded, placing a hand on his moving leg, his bloodshot eyes shooting up to meet hers, "are you okay, R?"

He cringed at the nickname, squeezing his eyes shut as the feeling flowed through him, he didn't know why he craved to hurt people, her comforting touch seemed to snap him out of it when she placed another hand onto his chin, "Rafe, Rafe."

"What." He blurted, his hands beginning to fidget as he couldn't keep eyes contact with her.

"Rafe, talk to me. I wanna help you." She placed her hands back into her lap, Rafe was sensitive and the littlest things would tip him off and her soothing words was all it took.

He caught her surprise as he shot up, flipping the piling of nearly stacked books off the desk as he paced, "you hate me! You told everyone how I murdered Sheriff Peterkin! Why do you care if I'm okay? Huh, Aria?"

Her lips parted as she shook her head, her breathe getting stuck in her throat as she couldn't muster up words.

"Answer me!" He raged, kicking the chair to the side as it crashed into the wall, "why do you care!"

She was starting to regret picking the room at the end of the hallway, all the upstairs in the back. No one would be able to hear them, her parents and Mr. Cameron would just head faint bickering when in reality things were bound to get messier.

"Rafe, stop." Aria lifted her head, his face was completely drained, eyes dark as he clenched his fists, veins on full view as his chest rose up and down rapidly, "please you're scaring me."

"You don't care!" Tears of frustration pent up in his eyes as he grabbed at his hair.

Reluctantly she stood, her body shaking as she approached him steadily, gently she placed her hands around his elbows, his tight hold on his hair being released.

This was all apart of his plan, he knew she wasn't stupid. He also knew about her soft spot for him, although she would blab her mouth about wanting him to die in a hole she would actually eat herself up if he died.

She couldn't even wrap her head around his movements as she backed up into the wall, a soft groan left her lips as her back tingled with pain, "shit."

"I don't like to repeat myself twice, baby." Rafe pressed against her chest, his body smelt like expensive cologne as he chewed fiercely on his peppermint flavored gum, her stomach sank.

"Because I loved you." She whimpered, her face loosing its smirk as it became serious, "that's why I care."

"Because you loved me." He laughed, still holding her securely against the beige painted walls, "fuck you."

His hands came to wreck around her neck, squeezing her airbags as she gasped out one shock, her eyes widening as she punched his body in any placed she could reach.

"R-Rafe." She dug her fingernails into his arm as tears left her eyes, "please, you're hurting me."

It was a flip in him switched, his eyes widening in shock as he ripped his hands away from her, stepping back as he watched her fall against the book shelf, gripping onto it as she able to catch her breathe again.

"Oh, God, Aria. I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to i swear. It was an accident. I'd never hurt you." He panicked, rambling on as he stared at her.

She kept her body leaning against the shelf for support, she flashed him a smile as she nodded, "it's okay, it's okay."

He zoned her out as he began to freak, running for the door as he slammed it closed behind him, he bursted into the living room, the conversation coming to a halt as they stared the boy, "dad we should go."

"Where's Aria, honey." Belle asked, looking behind him for her beloved daughter, her brows pulling together in worry.

"Uh, she had to make a phone call." He shook his head, "said she'd be down in a few."

"Let me go take care of him, we will finish this discussion later." Ward shook hands with the couple, following suit after his antsy son, "Rafe what the hell was that."

The two were outside, walking back to their home just across the street, "hello!"

"I choked her." Rafe admitted, wiping his nose as he sniffled, "she was saying things and getting into my head and something in me just freaked. I almost killed her, dad. I don't want to hurt her! Out of everyone I don't want to kill her."

Ward hushed him as he opened the gate to their house, "Rafe, hey, listen. Calm down, okay? It was an accident. Is Aria okay?"

"Yes, fuck, I don't know." He placed a hand to his chest, "dad you aren't listening to me! I almost killed her."

"Rafe enough! I'm trying to save your ass from spending the rest of your life in jail! And she is your good luck charm. You need her on your side, understand?"

Rafe mumbled an answer as his father held him steady, "yes."

"That means you can't go and try to kill her or hurt her in anyway." Ward formed his lips into a fine line before walking into his house, leaving Rafe with his thoughts.

:)
her entire interaction with Rafe
will make more sense later on!
go watch season 2 again